Trans Vs. Partial Trans - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #11
pdragon
You're welcome I get this, and paradox questions all the time.

Josh

Old 02-03-2015, 11:57 AM   #12
armanilandrin
I have a question. Is it possible to breed a partial trans with a trans without any complications?

Old 02-03-2015, 12:26 PM   #13
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by armanilandrin View Post
I have a question. Is it possible to breed a partial trans with a trans without any complications?
Quite possible, I am going to do it this year.

From other breeders opinions, a partial trans is essentially a visual het trans.

I have a male, who has translucent spots but no black eyes.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:26 PM   #14
armanilandrin
So do u think I should breed them?

Old 02-03-2015, 07:51 PM   #15
pdragon
Breeding trans x partial trans is the same as breeding trans x trans. I would avoid breeding the two together

Josh

Old 02-04-2015, 11:08 AM   #16
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdragon View Post
Breeding trans x partial trans is the same as breeding trans x trans. I would avoid breeding the two together

Josh
What makes you think a partial trans is not a visual het? Have you bred a trans x partial trans?

Old 02-04-2015, 12:00 PM   #17
pdragon
It's possible the partial trans could be a 100% het, but they are incredibly rare. I have only seen a handful of these in my 16 years working with the morph.

Yes, I have bred trans x partial trans in the past. The combo weakens the babies. They may hatch looking great, but try growing the entire clutch up to 14 inches+, and let us know your results

Josh

Old 02-04-2015, 12:11 PM   #18
armanilandrin
So do you think the babies wouldn't survive

Old 02-04-2015, 12:35 PM   #19
pdragon
healthy babies grow quickly and evenly. What usually happens when you breed trans x trans is the babies will start to grow unevenly once they reach 6-8 inches. Some will stop growing all together. Some will develop skinny tails. Some will appear healthy and die overnight. The trans that do make it to adults, can only really be used to outcross. Breeding them back to another het or visual trans will continue the cycle of issues, because they have already been weakened.

If you breed het x het, you end up with the same number of trans in the end, with little to no loss, and much stronger animals

Old 02-05-2015, 10:17 AM   #20
Snake-Queen
Josh, thank you for your input. I will let you know the results.

I bred het to het last year & nearly all the trans babies died, they were growing fine then either stopped eating and died. When I bred the same male to a visual, the result was the same. I am guessing that there is something wrong with his trans gene and won't be using him again. All the trans babies were weak like you have described.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!