In desperate need of help with juvenile SICK - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
Valsobo
Unhappy In desperate need of help with juvenile SICK

Ive had this baby for a month and it is a male, 8 inches long he was full bodied now he is skinny and under weight. First one morning i turned his light on with no response from him. He slept all day in the hotspot and refused to open his eyes, when i petted near his eyes he would flinch and backup. The past week he refuses to eat completely and rarely opens eyes, sitting in the basking spot all day with no movement. A few days ago i force fed him a few baby crickets and that night he threw them back up. When I bought him i had 1500$ so i thought i was going to be fine now that he is sick I have no money and cant afford him to go to a vet please help. Basking spot is 105-110 degrees during day, cool spot is 85. the cage is a 40 gallon breeder.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #2
Valsobo
MORE BACKGROUND.

March 23 I was going through a family crisis and wanted a pet for consolidation and thought a bearded dragon would be perfect. I had 1500$ from high school graduation money and was ready to go. I bought my first baby at petsmart that day And spent 700$ going all out i bought two cages and one was given to me, 20gl 40gl and 150 gl. after a week of having my baby he passed away and petsmart took the blame and replaced him and also gave me a "mate" as a apology for my baby passing away. Turned out quickly that they were both male and one day the two babies were fiercely fighting and i took one back. Now I have the dominate one of the two and it has been a month and a half with him, also he is nasty and bites constantly. Now that he is sick like my first one i have no idea what to do. My family situation plus all my money gone plus this situation is making my life a hellhole. so yea i really need some advice.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #3
Lucille
See if you can sell the 150 gallon aquarium for funds, take the lizard to the vet. I wish you and him the best.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #4
Valsobo
my parents said the vet may not do the job and might die.?

Old 06-09-2014, 04:44 PM   #5
Lucille
If you get a vet that works with reptiles, that is the best thing you could do. As for the possibility of dying, it might die. In fact it will die sometime, nothing lives forever.
If a person is very ill and they go to a doctor, they might still die, but medical or vet care for people and critters will help their chances of living.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #6
Valsobo
parents are not driving me to vet saying it is too much money and he may die i am furious i want to help him

Old 06-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #7
Lucille
Valerie, you've just graduated high school and you are an adult, and you have taken responsibility for a critter. You have a computer right in front of you, put an ad on Craigslist for the 150, call your friends to give you a ride, and get your little critter to a vet.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #8
Valsobo
thankyou for your help but i have a disability so i cant drive, i dont have any friends that would drive me and my parents are the only ones here. Ill try the craigslist add.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:18 AM   #9
Lucille
I am following up our conversation of yesterday. I am thinking that is the 150 does not sell today, plan B would be for you to seek and contact local reptile groups and give up your lizard for adoption to someone who has the resources to get it treated.
I am hoping for the best for you and for your critter.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:09 AM   #10
Valsobo
okay thankyou

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!