Boy Finds Snake in Cereal Box - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 05-04-2005, 11:52 PM   #1
Karen Hulvey
Boy Finds Snake in Cereal Box

Boy Finds Snake in Cereal Box

LONDON (Reuters) - A British boy sitting down to breakfast had a nasty surprise when he discovered a two-foot long snake inside his box of cereal.

Jordan Willett, 5, thought he had found a toy when the serpent -- a harmless corn snake -- slithered out of the packet of "Golden Puffs" his parents had bought from discount store Netto in Telford, central England.

"It was quite long and popped its head up. I've seen snakes on TV before but never in a box of cereal," he told the Daily Mail newspaper.

Netto said Wednesday it was talking to its suppliers to review procedures and check on its stock.

"This does seem to be a bizarre incident but we are treating it seriously," said Netto trading director Clive Cooper.

Corn snakes, which feed on mice and birds, are commonly kept as pets.

05/04/05 11:58

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/...3.htm&sc=reodd

I'm gonna have to start eating more cereal!

Old 05-05-2005, 09:18 AM   #2
Cat_72
Dang!!!

We never got prizes THAT good when I was a kid.....best thing we got was stuff like those Xray glasses (that duh, didn't work) or I got a Wonder Twins ring once too...... LOL!!

Old 05-05-2005, 02:52 PM   #3
PaulSage
Some people are like slinkies. They really serve no purpose, but you just can't help but giggle when you see one tumble down the stairs.
LOL... the last thing I saw come out of a cereal box was actually one of those miniature plastic slinkies. They just aren't the same though as the ol' metal ones. The metal ones travelled much better, but they were junk as soon as you bent one of the darn rings.
I would much rather have gotten the snake. That would definitely liven up breakfast.

Old 05-05-2005, 08:43 PM   #4
Cat_72
LOL, ever try to have a "slinky race" with someone down the stairs???

Might as well throw em away if they got tangled together too, lol.

Those were the good old days though, eh?

Old 05-06-2005, 12:34 AM   #5
PaulSage
"slinky race?"
Is that where you go bouncing down the steps on your butt?? Because we sure had a lot of those. My dad used to have drunken 'slurring' races down the stairs by himself, but he wasn't quite as graceful as a slinky. Slinkies don't punch holes in the wall at the landings either... at least none that I've seen.
I do miss the slinkies. I can't even remember the last time I saw one at a store other than in the cereal box. I want to say it was Corn Pops.
We used to try to straighten out the bent up metal ones. It never worked. They just got worse. Did you ever take one of the bent metal ones and uncoil it across the yard?? Those suckers are long!

Old 05-06-2005, 10:13 AM   #6
sschind
OK, since everyone else seems too chicken to say it I will.

Golden Puffs huh, I would have expected it from Corn Flakes but never Golden Puffs.

Steve

P.S. the slinky sig is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. Thanks for the laugh

Old 05-06-2005, 11:15 AM   #7
Cat_72
Talking

The whole slinky thing was just so RIGHT, lol.....I mean really, how many slinkies do YOU know???

OK, I'm slow today.....took a minute to grasp the whole CORN flakes thing...I better get some sleep, lol.

Old 05-06-2005, 01:55 PM   #8
robin d.
shoot the old slinkiies the meatal one... those were great but one tangled you might as well just throw em... now you can even find one... they only have plastic slinkies.... also did anyone play with lincoln logs> or pick up sticks? barrel of moneys? or cooties? hungry hungry hippo!!!! dont break the ice and OPERATION!!!!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!