Info LLLReptile should be closed down (BuyerBeware) - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-08-2016, 04:29 AM   #101
sidewinder107
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
People have been trying to tell you what is unrealistic about your demands (or "offers" if you prefer that term), but you are choosing to just not listen to anyone but yourself. What you want just does not work that way in ANY business. If you buy ANYTHING, live or not, and find that it is defective, you HAVE to return the item in order to get a refund. Period. This point was brought up before by someone else, but you continue to choose to ignore some very important points relevant to your situation. Sorry, but you really are not unique or special that the universe is going to change the way it works just to please you. If that is going to happen for anyone, I've got first dibs on it anyway.

Once YOU chose to keep the animal and YOU chose to take it to a veterinarian, then the entire burden of care and expense for that animal falls onto YOUR shoulders. Those were all YOUR choices, therefore now YOUR responsibility. You were told at the beginning that LLL would NOT cover veterinarian bills, but YOU chose to take the animal to one anyway. What was it about the way they told that to you that was unclear to you? Or did you simply disbelieve what you were told and thought the truth of them secretly wanting to paying for your vet bills would come out after the fact? You thought you were being lied to about them NOT paying vet bills and you wanted to force their hand by actually incurring a bill?

Seriously fella, people here are not lying to you. You ARE being unreasonable in their (and my PERSONAL) opinions.
I understand what you are saying fully. Return the animal get money back but did you read this small detail? And the animal is not in a condition to ship back.

If for any reason you would like to return your animal - you are responsible not only for shipping, but for the animal to arrive back to us alive and healthy. You must ship the animal back overnight, and pack it properly just like we did when it arrived to you. Shipping materials can be found here and you can watch how to pack and ship a reptile video here. You can use shipyourreptiles.com to print a UPS shipping label and safely ship your animals as well. If the animal does not arrive back to us in good condition, our guarantee is completely void

Now you tell me this. The animal is not in a condition to ship back and it arrived to them DOA what then??? Would they still make it right??? would you take that risk?? And have them to tell me it is my fault?? I never demanded them to pay the vet bills if you noticed in my email. I said they should since this is one of those rare situations as they so want to put it.That 99.9% of their customers are happy. I guess I get to be the 1% that just deals with it and move on. But did you see that snake's head? they said it was hissing and striking going into the bag.How in the world did they miss that snake's head looking like that if it was hissing and striking while going into that bag? Last one of my snakes that was hissing and striking I got a very good look at its head. And there was no blood in that bag anywhere. And if the employees don't know the difference from a healthy snake and a sick snake they don't need to be packing them to begin with they need to be sweeping floors or cleaning cages.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:50 AM   #102
snakesareawesome
The title seems a tad dramatic. No business that does thousands of transactions a month is going to be spotless, things will happen. From what I've seen here, LLL is one of the few companies that can be depended on to make an effort to make things right. You were right to post your experience here, but I would have chosen a less dramatic title and accepted their offer. They are losing money on you, you are losing money on the vet, why not just call it a draw?

Old 02-08-2016, 07:06 AM   #103
juliasara
The beginning of mouth rot will not kill an animal during return shipping. As for the employee missing the issue, have you never been rushed to get something done on time? Even the best employees can miss something when they are under pressure to have things done by a deadline. You were given a more then generous offer to make up for the mistake.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:29 AM   #104
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder107 View Post
I understand what you are saying fully. Return the animal get money back but did you read this small detail? And the animal is not in a condition to ship back.

If for any reason you would like to return your animal - you are responsible not only for shipping, but for the animal to arrive back to us alive and healthy. You must ship the animal back overnight, and pack it properly just like we did when it arrived to you. Shipping materials can be found here and you can watch how to pack and ship a reptile video here. You can use shipyourreptiles.com to print a UPS shipping label and safely ship your animals as well. If the animal does not arrive back to us in good condition, our guarantee is completely void

Now you tell me this. The animal is not in a condition to ship back and it arrived to them DOA what then??? Would they still make it right??? would you take that risk?? And have them to tell me it is my fault?? I never demanded them to pay the vet bills if you noticed in my email. I said they should since this is one of those rare situations as they so want to put it.That 99.9% of their customers are happy. I guess I get to be the 1% that just deals with it and move on. But did you see that snake's head? they said it was hissing and striking going into the bag.How in the world did they miss that snake's head looking like that if it was hissing and striking while going into that bag? Last one of my snakes that was hissing and striking I got a very good look at its head. And there was no blood in that bag anywhere. And if the employees don't know the difference from a healthy snake and a sick snake they don't need to be packing them to begin with they need to be sweeping floors or cleaning cages.
My sister started to do our grocery shopping online. When the order's filled they send a text and she picks it up. It's bagged up the whole time. Guess what? I have a kitchen filled with dented soup cans, fatty cuts of meat, unripe fruit and cereal boxes with razor cuts.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:02 AM   #105
Lucille
Quote:

I would be happy to send you out more Provent a Mite and Reptile Relief along
with writing your store credit if you would like me to.

Sincerely,
Curtis Pieramico
LLLReptile & Supply
www.LLLReptile.com
888-54-REPTILE
William, you asked for a refund and mite treatment, and you got an offer of a refund in the form of store credit, and mite treatment.

Quote:
yes I do have mite treatment on hand. I
keep it on hand for reasons like this.This is not the only animal I own, I have
10 more snake's. I use reptile relief and provent a mite.
You were prepared, and LLL has offered to send you some mite treatment to make up for what you used.
Quote:
my last
few orders have been from your company
It looks like you have a history of good transactions with this company, (I'm assuming they were acceptable since you have been a repeat customer) but of course a company is defined by what happens when there is an issue. Here, they offered store credit and mite treatment (or a full refund if the snake was returned).

Quote:
I don't normally post these kind of posts. But I want to see what everyone else would do in my shoes and how far I should push this situation.
I think everyone has repeatedly said how they felt, but I don't think that is what you wanted. I think you wanted everyone to agree with you, and they do not. Rather than dig your heels in, perhaps it might be better to try to understand why there is not agreement, and to consider rethinking your options and requests?

Old 02-08-2016, 08:55 AM   #106
BillZ
Quote:
re·fund1

verb

verb: refund; 3rd person present: refunds; past tense: refunded; past participle: refunded; gerund or present participle: refunding

/rəˈfənd,ˈrēˌfənd/

pay back (money), typically to a customer who is not satisfied with goods or services bought.
"if you're not delighted with your purchase, we guarantee to refund your money in full"
Thanks for the definitions but they are missing the part where the customer gets to keep the product when given a refund, or as stated in the TOS in your case, a store credit.

Here's another definition for you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_...ake_and_eat_it

Old 02-08-2016, 09:53 AM   #107
sidewinder107
I am just wondering how many of you people in here are Selling to LLLreptile? There is a lot of people in here quick to take their side. When I was the one that got shipped a animal with mouth rot and Mites to begin with.The animal in question has even been compared to can foods in a above post. I even said in a post a few pages back that I would wait and see how the animal turned out before settling up with LLL and I am still getting flamed. Never once have they offered me a refund of cash of the price of the animal, only their offer of in store credit. They only offered me a full refund if I would send it back.If some of you here think I am trying to get something for free why even reply. If anyone would be getting something for free it would be LLL. The free vet care, I did take this snake to the vet you know. I have money invested to do I not? I have put everything out in the open I am not trying to hide anything. If you people could see the animal in person. I think you would have a different tone. This snake is not a baby he is over 4ft long give or take I have no exact measurements. I am just trying to figure out how this snake would have got over looked if they look over their animal's like they say before they ship them. You can see his mouth from 5ft away and tell something is wrong.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:14 AM   #108
Sara27
Quote:
I am just wondering how many of you people in here are Selling to LLLreptile? There is a lot of people in here quick to take their side. When I was the one that got shipped a animal with mouth rot and Mites to begin with.The animal in question has even been compared to can foods in a above post. I even said in a post a few pages back that I would wait and see how the animal turned out before settling up with LLL and I am still getting flamed. Never once have they offered me a refund of cash of the price of the animal, only their offer of in store credit. They only offered me a full refund if I would send it back.If some of you here think I am trying to get something for free why even reply. If anyone would be getting something for free it would be LLL. The free vet care, I did take this snake to the vet you know. I have money invested to do I not? I have put everything out in the open I am not trying to hide anything. If you people could see the animal in person. I think you would have a different tone. This snake is not a baby he is over 4ft long give or take I have no exact measurements. I am just trying to figure out how this snake would have got over looked if they look over their animal's like they say before they ship them. You can see his mouth from 5ft away and tell something is wrong.
I have never purchased live animals from LLL, nor have I ever sold animals to LLL. My entire opinion has been based solely on my knowledge of reptile transactions, the e-mails you've posted, and the TOU you agreed with when you purchased the animal.

Years ago I purchased a puppy, a purebred AKC registered Dogue de Bordeaux. He set me back $1,500. Three days later, my puppy was pooping blood and throwing up. He had parvo.
I spent well over his purchase price getting him healthy. I had to take him every single day for over a week 30 minutes each way to the vet for fluids, antibiotics, and anti nausea injections.
Was I pissed off beyond hell at the breeder? You betcha.
The breeder told me that he would refund if I returned the pup, or replace him with a new pup. But I was attached and did not want to do that.
So I kept my pup, and *I* paid my vet bill, because I realized that I could not stick the breeder with the bill, if the breeder was telling me to bring the puppy back and he would give me my money back.
So, what I'm saying is, I HAVE been in your situation (more extreme if I say so myself), and even then, I believed the same thing that I am telling you now.

In the animal business, you don't get to keep the animal and the money and get reimbursed for treatment. You don't even get to keep the animal and get reimbursed for treatment without a refund for the animal. The game is simple- you keep the animal or you keep your purchase money. One or the other, the end.

That is why I have been defending LLLReptile. Because despite the fact that this business works like I have said above, they are not only offering to let you keep the animal AND get a credit for the animal and the shipping but they also offered to send you treatment (mite spray). That makes them a really good place to buy from. Because all of the major suppliers of reptiles have bad things happen like this, every single one of them. But instead of just shrugging and saying "sh*t happens", they're bending over backwards to help you out, even though they are fully protected legally by the TOU you agreed to when you bought from them that said they wouldn't do any of that for you.

So no, not an inside job. Just common sense.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:22 AM   #109
Lucille
Quote:
There is a lot of people in here quick to take their side.
They dropped the ball sending out that snake. But then they offered 1) store credit = mite spray or 2) a complete refund if you send back the snake. Those are decent offers.

EVERYONE is pointing this out again and again, and then you follow up again and again with your original beef, but now seasoned with oblique unflattering references to us because we don't agree with you.

It is one of those endless loops.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:23 AM   #110
BeauBoi
Quote:
I have never sold to LLL, nor have I ever purchased from them. I JUST started breeding ~2 years ago and only have 4 adult breeding pairs, so I haven't sold to very many people period, much less sold wholesale.

However, I have been a business owner for 11+ years, and I deal with the public daily. If someone purchased a product from me and then complained that the product was defective (be it a stereo, a snake, or a HAMBURGER) I would offer to refund them when they returned the product. If they wanted to keep the product and still wanted a refund? I would tell them to take a hike.

~Beau

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!