Info LLLReptile should be closed down (BuyerBeware) - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:06 AM   #181
Docglock
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauBoi View Post
How was she wrong?
~Beau
i was referring to the OP (william?)...sorry. and wrong in the sense that he felt the TOS was somehow mis-represented. my point is that even though you feel as if you may have a valid point, sometimes you're not going to win...you need to cut your losses and move on. for a few hundred $$ in the reptile industry, that is minor. now he is dealing with the "red square" and like 15-16 pages of really petty whining on his part. it just isn't good. so, for whatever it's worth, choose your battles carefully. just my opinion.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:11 AM   #182
BeauBoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docglock View Post
i was referring to the OP (william?)...sorry. and wrong in the sense that he felt the TOS was somehow mis-represented. my point is that even though you feel as if you may have a valid point, sometimes you're not going to win...you need to cut your losses and move on. for a few hundred $$ in the reptile industry, that is minor. now he is dealing with the "red square" and like 15-16 pages of really petty whining on his part. it just isn't good. so, for whatever it's worth, choose your battles carefully. just my opinion.
No, my bad. I was reading the thread out of order and took your post in a disjointed way. I apologize.
~Beau

Old 02-09-2016, 09:18 AM   #183
Docglock
Quote:
No, my bad. I was reading the thread out of order and took your post in a disjointed way. I apologize.
~Beau
LOL...no worries

Old 02-09-2016, 09:25 AM   #184
juliasara
You have not shown any evidence to anyone here nor to LLL that the snake was in such rough shape when you opened the box that it would not survive being shipped back. I'd like to see pictures of the snake when it was taken out of the box. But at this point its moot. You went from saying the snake was doing good when you received him then after people started to disagree with you here and suggest you send him back he suddenly looked so bad he was knocking on deaths door. My point is when you change your story and mind so many times you should expect people to put your credibility on trial.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:25 AM   #185
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
How was she wrong?
I think he's responding to William.

To be fair, I would consider myself a "right fighter" as well, but wow. At least I know when to give it up.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:32 PM   #186
Chadly2312
my personal thoughts, you looked at it at an angel not many people do, not what you are out but that the animal is suffering. that is awesome, and for you to get it medical treatment is even better. the fact that you didn't want to send back the animal because how they care for them is a TOP KNOTCH keeper, and for most sellers that would not refund the cost of vet bills they are cowards who do not stand behind their words. A sick animal should never be sent and they should cover the costs of everything. I stand by my animals I sell for 2 years if your not satisfied I buy them back at FULL price including shipping and arrange the shipping as well, as at the end of the day all we have is our word, and my word is good AAAA++++++++++++

Old 02-09-2016, 01:00 PM   #187
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadly2312 View Post
my personal thoughts, you looked at it at an angel not many people do, not what you are out but that the animal is suffering. that is awesome, and for you to get it medical treatment is even better. the fact that you didn't want to send back the animal because how they care for them is a TOP KNOTCH keeper, and for most sellers that would not refund the cost of vet bills they are cowards who do not stand behind their words. A sick animal should never be sent and they should cover the costs of everything. I stand by my animals I sell for 2 years if your not satisfied I buy them back at FULL price including shipping and arrange the shipping as well, as at the end of the day all we have is our word, and my word is good AAAA++++++++++++
I don't find any logic in saying you'll guarantee an animal for two years. I would not expect anyone to do something like that. Too many people keep animals the wrong way and stuff can happen that isn't the sellers fault. Most sellers offer a live arrival guarantee and many others will offer a week health guarantee. After that, the health is up to the buyer. I don't think there is anything wrong with a company offering store credit for an animal instead of a refund. They are trying to make it right and admitting fault.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:16 PM   #188
Pasodama
Quote:
my personal thoughts, you looked at it at an angel not many people do, not what you are out but that the animal is suffering. that is awesome,
Incorrect. The OP *is* looking at what he is monetarily out of. Along with not wanting the snake to suffer.
Also, many of us *do* care if an animal is suffering and will do what we have to in order to make it well. Most times knowing that whatever medical care is given will be coming straight out of our own pockets.

Quote:
and for you to get it medical treatment is even better.
That was very commendable but, bottom line, it was the OP'S choice to do so.

Quote:
the fact that you didn't want to send back the animal because how they care for them is a TOP KNOTCH keeper,
It is understood that the OP does not wish to ship the snake back, due to looking out for its welfare, but it is also because the species is hard to come by (more so when it needs to be a specific gender) and the OP does not want that particular loss.

Quote:
and for most sellers that would not refund the cost of vet bills they are cowards who do not stand behind their words.
Ridiculous statement.

Quote:
A sick animal should never be sent and they should cover the costs of everything.
Not one single person, in this thread, believes a sick animal should be sent/received and, more specifically, nobody believes that the OP should have received a snake with problem/s.
However, the seller gave the OP compensation. They also gave the OP a way out of incurring any more vet bills with the snake he received. It was/is the OP'S choice not to take that route.

Quote:
I stand by my animals I sell for 2 years if your not satisfied I buy them back at FULL price including shipping and arrange the shipping as well, as at the end of the day all we have is our word, and my word is good AAAA++++++++++++
The seller did offer to buy the animal back and pay for the return shipping. The OP decided not to take them up on it.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:25 PM   #189
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
I stand by my animals I sell for 2 years if your not satisfied I buy them back at FULL price including shipping and arrange the shipping as well
You obviously haven't sold many animals (or ANY animals). You have zero control of what happens to an animal once it's out of your control and unfortunately many people do not take very good care of their pet reptiles. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether your animals are currently healthy or not, even the most robust animals can die if cared for improperly.

Good luck with that business plan though, let us know how that's working for you in 5 years.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:34 PM   #190
SofaKing
I had to skip a few pages, since my head hurt from reading people repeating themselves.

But Lucille said it last. You initially asked for store credit and then refused it once given. That's on you..... When given a finger, don't expect the whole hand, show's your greedy.

LLL stated they received the boa from a customer that couldn't keep it do to moving. Lets just assume they got it for free, so they're really not out of money. Mouth rot doesn't appear over night, so the boa could have had before hand.

Usually people ask about locality and lineage before purchase.

You never answered the question about mites being in the bag.

I purchased from LLL 2yrs ago, bought a female Boiga dendrophila, to make my collection a 3.3. They said it was feeding, but I could never get to eat on it's own, had to force feed her and she eventually died weeks later. I lost $150.00, so it was a lesson learned.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!