Info LLLReptile should be closed down (BuyerBeware) - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:32 AM   #91
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder107 View Post
But you all keep telling me I am a bad customer and are being unreasonable.
Maybe you should start listening. I have to go to bed, this is hurting my brain.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:34 AM   #92
MrTPlush
You can't just decide what you get because it isn't healthy. Where in their website does it say they will refund you, pay for treatment, and let you keep the animal? Where does it say that?

Old 02-08-2016, 01:41 AM   #93
sidewinder107
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTPlush View Post
You can't just decide what you get because it isn't healthy. Where in their website does it say they will refund you, pay for treatment, and let you keep the animal? Where does it say that?
And you tell me where on that website that they will be sending a mite infested snake with mouth rot???

Old 02-08-2016, 01:46 AM   #94
sidewinder107
Quote:
I also did not ask for them to do all this. Like the way you are wording it either.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:03 AM   #95
BeauBoi
I quit. Obviously, it doesn't matter how many people chime in and give you their opinion, the ONLY opinion you are interested in hearing is your own. Have fun talking to yourself.
~Beau

Old 02-08-2016, 02:11 AM   #96
sidewinder107
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauBoi View Post
I quit. Obviously, it doesn't matter how many people chime in and give you their opinion, the ONLY opinion you are interested in hearing is your own. Have fun talking to yourself.
~Beau
I am listening, but some of you are quoting my words different than the way I used them on some things. Like below

I did not ask to keep the snake and for them to pay vet bills and give me my money back. I just did not say this to them like this.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:15 AM   #97
MrTPlush
You asked to keep a snake, get a cash refund, and treatment for the mites.

Sorry but that just is an unrealistic expectation. Correct me if I am wrong, but that is how I am reading what you originally asked for in emailing them.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:54 AM   #98
sidewinder107
Quote:
You asked to keep a snake, get a cash refund, and treatment for the mites.

Sorry but that just is an unrealistic expectation. Correct me if I am wrong, but that is how I am reading what you originally asked for in emailing them.
Yes this is what I did ask for. Not so much the way your wording it. But yes and you tell me what is unrealistic about this?? I paid the vet bill and treatment for him. I did not order him like that and Keep in mind this animal is not in the clear yet. I am not trying to get anything free here. I would be even willing to wait and see what happens to him before they settle up with me. If he is ok after this that's GREAT news. But am I the one to pay for this mistake all together and take in store credit of 199.99 and that is not even enough to replace the animal if he was to pass. I did not ship this animal to me they did. They are asking me to send it back after I have done took it to a vet for treatment for full refund of $245.89. As you can see they have offered me a in store credit finally in the last email of the cost of the animal and shipping which as you can see I am willing to take. But I still loose money either way if he dies. I even asked them to send me a another guaranteed healthy snake of my choosing in the price range of course, maybe I should have been more specific on that. But again I did not get that either. If the snake lives like I say that's great. But you tell me how this should fall back on me and not them. What if I had sent this snake back and it died, what would have been done then? Read their guarantee its a loose loose situation.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:16 AM   #99
WebSlave
Quote:
Yes this is what I did ask for. Not so much the way your wording it. But yes and you tell me what is unrealistic about this?? I paid the vet bill and treatment for him. I did not order him like that and Keep in mind this animal is not in the clear yet. I am not trying to get anything free here. I would be even willing to wait and see what happens to him before they settle up with me. If he is ok after this that's GREAT news. But am I the one to pay for this mistake all together and take in store credit of 199.99 and that is not even enough to replace the animal if he was to pass. I did not ship this animal to me they did. They are asking me to send it back after I have done took it to a vet for treatment for full refund of $245.89. As you can see they have offered me a in store credit finally in the last email of the cost of the animal and shipping which as you can see I am willing to take. But I still loose money either way if he dies. I even asked them to send me a another guaranteed healthy snake of my choosing in the price range of course, maybe I should have been more specific on that. But again I did not get that either. If the snake lives like I say that's great. But you tell me how this should fall back on me and not them. What if I had sent this snake back and it died, what would have been done then? Read their guarantee its a loose loose situation.
Quote:
No Sir my first offer was to keep the animal and get a refund of the animal and mite treatment.

Or keep the animal and they pay the vet bill.

Or keep the animal and in store credit of the vet bill and some mite treatment

none of which they was willing to do at first.They only wanted to give me in store credit of 199.99. the price of the animal and wash their hands clean of this situation.

Which can be seen in the emails I posted
People have been trying to tell you what is unrealistic about your demands (or "offers" if you prefer that term), but you are choosing to just not listen to anyone but yourself. What you want just does not work that way in ANY business. If you buy ANYTHING, live or not, and find that it is defective, you HAVE to return the item in order to get a refund. Period. This point was brought up before by someone else, but you continue to choose to ignore some very important points relevant to your situation. Sorry, but you really are not unique or special that the universe is going to change the way it works just to please you. If that is going to happen for anyone, I've got first dibs on it anyway.

Once YOU chose to keep the animal and YOU chose to take it to a veterinarian, then the entire burden of care and expense for that animal falls onto YOUR shoulders. Those were all YOUR choices, therefore now YOUR responsibility. You were told at the beginning that LLL would NOT cover veterinarian bills, but YOU chose to take the animal to one anyway. What was it about the way they told that to you that was unclear to you? Or did you simply disbelieve what you were told and thought the truth of them secretly wanting to paying for your vet bills would come out after the fact? You thought you were being lied to about them NOT paying vet bills and you wanted to force their hand by actually incurring a bill?

Seriously fella, people here are not lying to you. You ARE being unreasonable in their (and my PERSONAL) opinions.

Old 02-08-2016, 03:43 AM   #100
WebSlave
Quote:
Big time breeders are not going to send me a animal like that either. Do you agree?
How many "big time breeders" have you dealt with?

Quite honestly, you are much more likely to get a less than perfect animal from a large breeder or large retail/wholesale seller than you would from a small time breeder. It's all about numbers. An outfit that only ships out a half dozen of so animals a week can easily PERSONALLY inspect everything going out the door. Now if an outfit is sending out hundreds, or even thousands of animals per week, or even per day, do you really think the owner personally inspects and supervises every shipment going out? Sorry, but nope. They hire employees to do that. They have other functions they need to attend to to keep the business running. And anyone who has ever had employees knows that some are good, and some are not so good. Some will be more interested in their smart phone screen than they will be with the animals they have to pull and bag up for a shipment, and might not catch a problem. Maybe even a BIG problem, because they just are not paying close enough attention. After all, it's just a job to them, and they are being paid by the hour just to be there, as far as they are concerned. They aren't in it for the lifetime career, they just need money to pay the insurance bill or rent coming up.

Heck, even the best of employees can just have too much on their plate and miss something that you, with only that ONE animal in your hands when you open up the box, will be aghast that a glaring defect could have been possibly missed. With a lot of shipments going out the door that have to be packed up before the FedEx or UPS truck shows up (and live animal shipments generally ALL have to be done at the last minute), it can be a mad house and all of those animals just cannot be closely inspected thoroughly. Sorry, but things do slip through the cracks, and things will be shipped out that it would have been best not to.

I hate to put it this way, but just about everything you are writing here indicates to me that you are very naive about the live animal business, and have a pretty inflexible view about how it SHOULD be based on what you WANT it to be. Everyone would like everything they do to be absolutely perfect, but the real world just doesn't work that way.

I know I said it before, and apologize for saying it again, but you are being absolutely unreasonable about a lot of things you are complaining about. Personally, my opinion is that once you detected a problem, you should have waited to do anything at all until you thoroughly understood your options and any changes in both parties' responsibilities that your actions would cause. Your claiming that because YOU made a decision that incurred additional expenses, and is now the responsibility of another party is just, well, unreasonable.

IMHO, of course.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!