Where do you buy food for your Bearded Dragon? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-07-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
CheckeredAngel
Where do you buy food for your Bearded Dragon?

Im planning on getting my first bearded dragon this summer. Before my mom say yes completely I have to gather information. The pet store that is near me sells crickets and other insects but they are all in bad shape and I wouldn't want to feed them to my bearded dragon so I was wondering where dose everyone get food for their bearded dragon. Thanks for the help.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:48 AM   #2
Valley Dragons
I get my crickets from Mike at www.crix-n-wiggles.com. I have been ordering from these people for a long time, and never had any problems. The crickets are always healthy and long-lived. I pay $20 shipped for 1000. They also sell superworms, although I have never purchased worms form them before. I've tried ordering from several other companies in the past, and had problems with almost every one of them. Mike is the way to go!

Jamie

Old 06-08-2007, 08:52 AM   #3
Valley Dragons
A little advice if you choose to buy in bulk (which I recommend because it is so much cheaper). Make sure you buy crickets a smaller size than what you need. That way you don't risk the crickets outgrowing your dragon before he/she can eat them all. The crickets can be kept in a 10-gallon tank filled with egg-crate. Feed them either a commercial cricket food diet, or chick starter feed, fishfood, or ground-up high protein dogfood. Give them potatoes for moisture and fresh veggie scraps. They should be good to go for a long time!

Jamie

Old 06-08-2007, 09:16 AM   #4
WestExHerps
We buy worms from www.reptilefood.com . I 've never had a problem with them. The crickets come directly from Armstrong through a friend of mine. Good luck with your new baby when you get it!

Old 06-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #5
CheckeredAngel
OK Thanks everyone

Old 06-08-2007, 05:38 PM   #6
Kozidragons
Lazy H bait in Flordia sells them for 15.00 per thousand. They are always very healthy and last a long time. If you are interested I can get his phone # for you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!