Adenovirus Questions - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-27-2007, 08:28 PM   #151
Cat_72
Are you breeding those dragons, Jim?

Old 04-27-2007, 08:33 PM   #152
jimsdragons
not sure i will or not maybe after i get them tested or after we find out more about this virus why?

Old 04-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #153
Cat_72
That was the answer I was looking for, Jim.

At least you are taking the responsibility of testing before breeding, not just pretending it isn't a problem.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #154
jimsdragons
the way i look at it no one really no whats really going on so im not get all mad about anything hey they might find out all dragons have it for all that we know and it only attacks the sick ones that have other problems. all i now is that my dragons i have from sunshine look great and they have no problems no worms or anthing , my vet tell me they are some of the healthiest dragons she has ever seen and i do agree with her.... so i just have too say what i see and have.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:04 PM   #155
mikey
Cathy, I think you are a snake keeper and I was wondering what your thoughts are. AV sounds and seems to act alot like IBD. How do boid snake keepers/ breeders protect their colonies? Do you test every snake that comes in? Do they test on a regular basis? Can IBD lay latent for years? Do/Can snake breeders test before selling to guarentee a IBD free snake ? How does the snake community deal with IBD and can it apply to bearded dragon breeders to contain the spread of AV.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:35 PM   #156
Cat_72
Quarantine, quarantine, quarantine.

I don't breed boas, I deal mainly with Ball Pythons. Ball Pythons cannot be carriers....they die very quickly once the disease is contracted.

There are really very few similarities between IBD and Adeno, other than not enough is known about either.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!