Non-registered users and viewing images... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-22-2005, 11:15 PM   #1
Diapsid
Non-registered users and viewing images...

Hi,

I've noticed that non-registered/not-logged-in users cannot view attached images. I understand that doing this is a way to save bandwidth, but also a way to drive potential buyers away. I know a few people (myself included) who just want to see what is in the ad, but registering and logging in is just too much hassle. Just something that you might want to keep in mind...

Best regards,
Dustin J. Cox
Diapsid, Inc.

Old 01-23-2005, 04:36 AM   #2
WebSlave
Well, since guests who are not registered cannot utilize the contact features of this site anyway, what would be the point of allowing them to view the images anyway? Just to look at the pretty pictures? I did this a while back to save on bandwidth when I was having server loading problems. That may be licked now with the new server, so if I think of it, I will probably re-enable it. But it would not be because of the reason you are stating.

Quite frankly, if someone is too lazy to register and login here, then likely they are going to be too lazy to follow up on a purchase as well. I mean, why should I cater to people like that? My perception of such an attitude is that they have no intention of participating in this site, just taking instead of giving a little back, so why should I really care what they think or do?

Old 01-23-2005, 10:36 AM   #3
Diapsid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Well, since guests who are not registered cannot utilize the contact features of this site anyway, what would be the point of allowing them to view the images anyway?
I posted this thread keeping in mind the "older" people who are in the hobby. I know quite a few people who are very computer illiterate and would like things to be a little friendlier. I also try to list my full contact information to make it easier on potential buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Quite frankly, if someone is too lazy to register and login here, then likely they are going to be too lazy to follow up on a purchase as well. I mean, why should I cater to people like that? My perception of such an attitude is that they have no intention of participating in this site, just taking instead of giving a little back, so why should I really care what they think or do?
If that's the way you look at it, cool, I guess...

Best regards,
Dustin J. Cox
Diapsid, Inc.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!