Bad Guy The Serpentarium- Lodi, Ca - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #141
reptile_jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonadam209 View Post
He said they were cheap like 50 bucks or so. I don't remember the exact number. 40-50s
Quote:
Yes, he called his shipper, and told me 100. I proceeded with the CB
Well I can why you would be thinking you were getting a CB snake.

Robert,

Are these the price quote you gave to Brandon?

Old 08-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #142
Wilomn
So then, the buyer purchases a snake that neither he nor the seller have ever seen. Doubtless, to me, in his desire to be a good customer and because he's got about zero experience, the buyer takes the snake that most here have said, without ever having been in the same position as the buyer, they would not have taken.

Should the seller have allowed this obviously defective snake to be sold to begin with? Hard to say since the seller NEVER saw the snake.

The buyer has exaggerated, the seller has obfuscated, we the readers were none of us there to witness what actually happened.

All the drama aside, since I really can't believe enough of what either of them, the buyer or seller, are saying, what is to be done now? The buyer wants to keep his snake, the seller is still willing to refund the buyer if the buyer returns the snake so, it seems to me, that you guys, the buyer and seller, need to simply agree to do something other than see who can whiz the farthest because this has sort of become a whizzing contest and the wind is coming up and I'm not really in the mood for golden showers and, finally, I don't, just flat out don't, believe either of you is telling the whole truth.

So boys, decide what you're going to do, then do it. I'd highly recommend you not do business together again though.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #143
Brandonadam209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn View Post
So then, the buyer purchases a snake that neither he nor the seller have ever seen. Doubtless, to me, in his desire to be a good customer and because he's got about zero experience, the buyer takes the snake that most here have said, without ever having been in the same position as the buyer, they would not have taken.

Should the seller have allowed this obviously defective snake to be sold to begin with? Hard to say since the seller NEVER saw the snake.

The buyer has exaggerated, the seller has obfuscated, we the readers were none of us there to witness what actually happened.

All the drama aside, since I really can't believe enough of what either of them, the buyer or seller, are saying, what is to be done now? The buyer wants to keep his snake, the seller is still willing to refund the buyer if the buyer returns the snake so, it seems to me, that you guys, the buyer and seller, need to simply agree to do something other than see who can whiz the farthest because this has sort of become a whizzing contest and the wind is coming up and I'm not really in the mood for golden showers and, finally, I don't, just flat out don't, believe either of you is telling the whole truth.

So boys, decide what you're going to do, then do it. I'd highly recommend you not do business together again though.
By the way, Robert did admit to seeing the snake before handing it to me.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #144
Brandonadam209
Quote:
By the way, Robert did admit to seeing the snake before handing it to me.
Handing it to me, let me fix this before it makes you all go crazy. I mean he saw the snake upon arrival and noted it had blisters.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #145
rosebud945
Quote:

Old 08-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #146
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:

Agreed. However, I see the key point to focus on being the seller immediately offered a refund. At the end of the day that is the proper remedy. The buyer refused the refund. At that point...he's on his own.

Pretty simple folks

Old 08-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #147
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
Legally, you have 72 hours to return any merchandise to the seller, as long as no damage (or changes) have been done while in your care.
Really????What lawbook did you get that out of? Nothing of the sort is true.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #148
rosebud945
I can understand why the buyer refused the refund and kept the snake if he thought that deciding on the refund meant that the snake would be put down. Whether Robert meant that the snake would automatically be euthanized if the buyer agreed to the refund and turned over the snake or not, the buyer seems to have genuinely thought that that was the case.

But Brandon, you do need to avoid exaggerating in a public forum, especially this one, because people do lie here all the time to persuade the people reading that their take on things is the right one.

Robert, if the snake was sick and Brandon wanted to keep it and treat it, why not a partial refund? Let him rescue buy it at a reduced cost basically and then get it healthy? Sellers do that all the time when they have compassion but don't want to lose everything they have in an animal. Just a thought.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #149
Brandonadam209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological View Post
Agreed. However, I see the key point to focus on being the seller immediately offered a refund. At the end of the day that is the proper remedy. The buyer refused the refund. At that point...he's on his own.

Pretty simple folks

Okay, let's say I will take blame away from him. What does this do to his character? "Remember blame aside", he did let a sick animal leave his store.

Should he expect any riff raff from the customer from a later day when the snake has no choice to get worse without medication?

Should others question other critters he is selling, because he may just view them as inventory?

Brandon Adam

Old 08-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #150
SirenSanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
Maybe its just my own personal ethics, but if a customer came to me and said, I want a snake like this or this kind of snake, and I knew enough that not many have been cb and most are wild caughts and even cb's dont do all that great in captivity, at the very least, I would get a pic of the exact snake to be ordered (just because payment needs to be made prior to special order an animal, which I understand, no reason to not be able to get a couple pics of said animal) and show the customer the pic, as well as provide some good links or highly suggest some good reading on snakes like this species, and maybe even have the customer sign something stating, I saw the snake and understand the risk of obtaining such a species.
Yeah, if you find a wholesaler who's moving WC stock who's willing to do that, give me their name, PLEASE! Very few big-volume wholesalers will do that for a customer, especially on something as (relatively) cheap as this animal in question. Often their stock lists don't have photos, and when they do they're simply sample photos, not ones of the exact animal in question, unless it's a morph or very rare. It's a nice thought to be able to offer that, and it would be great if vendors WOULD take the time, but that's, honestly, not going to happen, the way the trade is set up currently.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!