Partial Translucent Dragon? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-04-2007, 07:29 PM   #21
BallPythonGal21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoncave
Hi
i wanan show of mine partial translucant .
i think she smoothy to .
also she hatch as last from the clutch .
when it came out egg i whas thinking r her face is not good.
and later i saw he chin
i call her hotlips .
here she is .

this is her back is she smoothy??

let me know what you think
this is breeded out a hypo x hypo breeding .

byeeeeee
I don't know anything on beardies but yours is way cool! The over all color and how she's blue-ish on her back.. nice!

Old 09-04-2007, 09:35 PM   #22
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Hm, I am not real good at identifying that morph yet. I am not sure if you would call it a smoothy, or a leatherback. I think it looks more like a leatherback though. Where did you get her from?

Tracie

Old 11-01-2007, 09:07 AM   #23
RAWDOG
To address the issue of smoothies hatching late, I and another breeder have discussed the same observation. Many times in clutches you will have a few dragons that hatch late. Many times those dragons will exhibit a Smoothie/Leatherback phenotype. They usually do not do well and in my opinion if a dragon is incubated under optimal conditions and it hatches several days later than the rest of the clutch most often this animal is not fit. As far as the partial Trans goes, in discussions with other breeders we have noted that some Hypopastel/Het Hypopastel/Leucistic/Hypo lines will hatch a few offspring with a somewhat translucent appearance. Meaning that their limbs and heads appear to be pink and almost see through. Conversely Translucents in general will have a pinkish look around the mouth and legs but in addition will have a blue hue to either its head, stomach,back or in any combination. Like Josh said Translucents can also hatch out normal looking and vice versa. Good Luck and I hope it proves out for you.

Thanks,

Randy

Old 11-01-2007, 09:25 AM   #24
RAWDOG
Just to answer Rich & Lacey's question. I think breeding Smoothies is the same as breeding any other Pogona vitticeps. I started working with smoothies back in 2005 this season I bred two different females to a Co dominant Partial smoothie Hypopastel from a different and unrelated line. From both females I produced Smoothies. Some of the animals are exhibiting both traits from the partial smoothie and the full smoothie. This tells me that most likely these traits are not compatible. Next season many of the questions about smoothies should be answered. So this brings us up to at least three different and unrelated smoothie lines.

Alessandro's(Dachiu) & ACReptiles(AlphaDragonZ) and the Partial Smoothie(AlphaDragonZ) so far they are all proven genetic. Phenotypically The first two are very similar. The third line is distinctive. A few of us are working on a paper that will explain these lines more thoroughly.

Thanks,

Randy

Old 11-02-2007, 02:52 PM   #25
dragoncave
Hi
the partial transoucant hypo whas breeded bij myzelf.
she is from mother wonka (dragons den) she died last year 8 years old x hypo bearded dragon named passy from a friend i dunno where he came from .
i stil have her and this summer i wanna breed her with mine hypotrans male i have buyed last time .
he is realy very nice .
i have some pictures of him on mine website site dragoncave.nl
byeeeee

Old 11-03-2007, 10:05 AM   #26
Bearded Wizard 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoncave
Hi
the partial transoucant hypo whas breeded bij myzelf.
she is from mother wonka (dragons den) she died last year 8 years old x hypo bearded dragon named passy from a friend i dunno where he came from .
i stil have her and this summer i wanna breed her with mine hypotrans male i have buyed last time .
he is realy very nice .
i have some pictures of him on mine website site dragoncave.nl
byeeeee
Very pretty dragon by the way! Hypo's are my favorite...

Anthony

Old 11-03-2007, 05:30 PM   #27
dragoncave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Wizard 1
Very pretty dragon by the way! Hypo's are my favorite...

Anthony

HI
This is wonka the hypomelanisitc breeded by kevind dun dragons den 8 years ago.
she whas mine faforiete .

byeeee

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!