Inquiry boagirl from Napanoch NY - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #141
MKJurassic
Selling a Boa! -> That was my wife! -> I'm 16 but I have a wife and live in NY bla bla -> Here is a video of my snakes! -> I have a permit, My mom (in NY?) is fedex certified! -> It isn't mine it is my Dads -> He's in Florida!

What in the heck. I am sorry but is that REALLY what just happened? I honestly hope you don't feel discouraged from the hobby and I am all for one willing to chalk this up to a rookie's mistake. Especially if you are 16 (as has been verified). I do think you need to educate yourself and be more transparent and honest in your dealings. I know you won't soon forget this little thread, but I hope you learn from it and not become disheartened. It is not easy being 16 and you still have so many years in which to learn and grow about the hobby and I hope you use this experience to better your future practices! I honestly do not think people would hold it against if you came back a few years from now (over 18 preferably, just for business transactions, it legally makes things easier, otherwise have your mother advertise so her name is on all the paperwork and it is legal!) and started getting into the hobby seriously and correctly. I wish you luck!

Old 05-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #142
Sierra0101
Excuse me? Yeah, please don't act like you know me. I am sick of you people using everything I do in my life against me. IM NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG. Why is that so hard for you guys to believe?? The people on this site are ridiculous. Why can't you just leave me alone? I have done nothing but tell you people the truth. Why do you have to go and find everyway for it to be a lie? I can't stand it. It makes me extremely upset. Sorry people can't have ambitions. I seriously thought you people would be more accepting. All you've done is hurt my feelings and make me feel like crap about myself. I don't even want to be in this business anymore thanks to you people. I highly appreciate it. Just forget it. I have nothing more to prove to you. I have sent proof I am who I say I am, I have given you the names of all the people involved in what I was TRYING to do and you STILL don't believe me! Wow. I'm done. I was so excited to start this project. Thanks. Bye. I am done with this site and I won't be coming here again. Save myself the tears. Wow.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #143
bloodybaroness

Old 05-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #144
M_MULLINS
That's how you act when somebody is being considerate towards you? Maybe you should get out of the hobby then, the reptile industry has a bad enough reputation without adding people like you to it. You'll grow up one day, maybe.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #145
bloodybaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra0101 View Post
Why do you have to go and find everyway for it to be a lie?
Because you made it so darn easy.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #146
M_MULLINS
Your story had more holes than an old pair of pantyhose, you were called out on it so you got mad took your ball and went home. Its that simple.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #147
LauraB
There's one thing to think about, people. She's what , 15? 16? Although there are plenty of teens who would not have dug a ginormous hole trying to cover themselves, there are plenty more who would and have done so, right here at Fauna. Like Sierra, they've all been exposed & chastised. Some learn, some don't.

We all pretty much know "Sienna" simply does not exist and Sierra did not ask "Sienna" to post the sale ads. We all know Sierra is not married. We all know the retic is most likely not dad's and the chance of dad and "Sienna" both having permits (or anyone in her family for that matter) is highly unlikely. Sierra did provide her ID and she did give the correct names of her parents. To our knowledge she did not scam anyone or rip anyone off.

She still has a chance to enjoy the hobby, LEARN and conduct business in a more mature, professional manner - it's her choice.

Continuing to pile it on is counter-productive, IMO.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #148
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
There's one thing to think about, people. She's what , 15? 16? Although there are plenty of teens who would not have dug a ginormous hole trying to cover themselves, there are plenty more who would and have done so, right here at Fauna. Like Sierra, they've all been exposed & chastised. Some learn, some don't.

We all pretty much know "Sienna" simply does not exist and Sierra did not ask "Sienna" to post the sale ads. We all know Sierra is not married. We all know the retic is most likely not dad's and the chance of dad and "Sienna" both having permits (or anyone in her family for that matter) is highly unlikely. Sierra did provide her ID and she did give the correct names of her parents. To our knowledge she did not scam anyone or rip anyone off.

She still has a chance to enjoy the hobby, LEARN and conduct business in a more mature, professional manner - it's her choice.

Continuing to pile it on is counter-productive, IMO.
While I agree with much of that, her first step would need to be either proving the major points of contention, or to come clean and admit to being dishonest. I understand that the shattering of illusions can be a painful process, but it needs to be done before she can move forward. Some of us have tried to handle her with kid gloves, to explain to her exactly why credibility is so important in this venue, and generally try to coax her into being honest. She's chosen to fight that every step of the way. Until she chooses to discontinue with her apparent aversion to the truth, she's bringing all of this on herself.

But, as you've pointed out, as far as we know, there hasn't been any actual damage done. She still has a chance to at least try to salvage something from this. The ball's been in her court. The question is: How much effort is she willing to put into earning trust, after giving so many reasons to be distrusted?

Old 05-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #149
Tiki108
One thing that strikes me as very strange is the ad for the retic for sale in FL, it says that he/she/whoever realizes they would prefer a Burmese Python, which from my understanding is still illegal to own in FL unless you already had one and were grandfathered in.
I'm not sure who the parents are, but it seems some people know, has anyone done any business with them? Just curious.
While I try to give people the benefit of the doubt in many situations, so much is not adding up here.

The reptile community is great if have good ethics and a good attitude, but I feel this with most communities. I'm also active in the equine community and it's no different there. Giving up and turning yourself into the victim does not make you seem more creditable, in fact it does the opposite. Except you may have made some mistakes, even if you have lied it would be better to just regroup and come back with a better attitude and better business ethics. If you have lied, take it as a lesson learned, if not than simply except how things could have sounded and work harder next time to make things more clear. Also once you have the Fedex certification and PayPal in your name that will help a great deal.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:19 AM   #150
bxjoon
This was entertaining...Enjoy being a teen. You're not ready for this section of adulthood. Also, understand the laws in NY especially when it comes to boids. Good luck young lady.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!