Bad Guy Underground Reptiles Stay away!! - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:25 AM   #141
gila7150
Quote:
is that a threat? Sounds like one. You going to get stupid with me?You going to see me around?
I never said he was a victim and I didn't defend his decision to back out of a purchase. I just mentioned that there were no threats (not even veiled ones) made in the email correspondence you posted. On the contrary, you come off as far more insulting and angry.

I can understand you being upset about them backing out of a purchase but it's a bit of a stretch to say he "ripped me off for $1200". Your own emails say that they backed out of purchasing your animals at the Daytona show when they learned that you would be competing with them but you sold out at the show any way. You said you sold some of your animals at wholesale and some at retail so you should have come out ahead presuming you were planning on selling them all to UG at wholesale.

You have a right to be upset with the way things went down in Daytona and it's certainly your option not to do business with them again but the exaggerations weaken your case IMO.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #142
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Dragons View Post
Rian, we have old business to discuss. I will call you to see if your post is sincere...if it is I will be happy to report here that you made things right.
Called Rian Gittman Monday 10/13 to discuss my issue with him hoping to come to an agreement.we agreed on a settlement.

He stepped up and made things right with me.

Thank you Rian.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:16 PM   #143
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by gila7150 View Post
I never said he was a victim and I didn't defend his decision to back out of a purchase. I just mentioned that there were no threats (not even veiled ones) made in the email correspondence you posted. On the contrary, you come off as far more insulting and angry.

I can understand you being upset about them backing out of a purchase but it's a bit of a stretch to say he "ripped me off for $1200". Your own emails say that they backed out of purchasing your animals at the Daytona show when they learned that you would be competing with them but you sold out at the show any way. You said you sold some of your animals at wholesale and some at retail so you should have come out ahead presuming you were planning on selling them all to UG at wholesale.

You have a right to be upset with the way things went down in Daytona and it's certainly your option not to do business with them again but the exaggerations weaken your case IMO.
There are no exaggerations. They knew months before Daytona that I was vending. It was not a surprise. If there was a lack of communication between Ryan and Rian that is not my problem.

Also i did not come out ahead. I did not sell their 100 as a mix of retail and wholesale. I sold all i took(350) as a mix. I actually had to wheel and deal to sell what i did wholesale for less so I took a loss!

So let me get this straight. If i hand delivered their order and they refused it(for no good reason) and i couldn't sell it Underground would be in the wrong. But because i was able to sell it that absolves underground from wrong doing? Do i get a 15% restocking fee? And again please explain the absurdity of refusing an order when it is physically sitting right in front of you in FLORIDA on Saturday only to call me monday morning to get an order shipped to you from Kansas City. Seems quite ridiculous.

And i am growing weary of having to explain this. I was specifically threatened on the PHONE. If after that threat you can not decipher the insinuations or implied threats because you are not fluent in WISE guy lingo i do not know what to say to you except watch a few episodes of Sopranos,rent goodfellas i don't know.

So you drive 24 hours in a car to hand deliver an order you expect paid on delivery and tell me how you feel when you are blown off and the customer doesnt hold up their end of the deal. I dont know about you but I am a man of my word and where i come from a deal is a deal. I would expect most to live by those standards especially a man of GOD who owns his own CHURCH. And then to contact me on monday wanting an order shipped after that? yeah right. A cold day in hell.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #144
mfasano
I just received an email from Ryan saying they are going to send me two female Panther geckos next week to replace these.
I will post again when they arrive.

Old 10-14-2014, 04:00 PM   #145
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfasano View Post
I just received an email from Ryan saying they are going to send me two female Panther geckos next week to replace these.
I'm very happy for you. If they arrive, are healthy, and are female, I'm going to be impressed with Underground, it's a small (but important) start in the right direction and I hope they keep it up.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #146
predators
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfasano View Post
I am happy you are getting two geckos. I am glad you are being made whole but, I have to say look at the run around, aggrevation and trouble you went through. This is 100% typical of U.G.
When dealing with any issue they will make you run around, stress out etc, just to get your credit. It is all part of there business formula. Over 75% of people who have an issue get so fed up with the ignored phone calls and emails, the run around, and the belittling that they just give up and UG wins and keeps the money. ie: the 15% restocking fee.
Once they have your money you have to battle and fight to get it back. I had a feeling the OP would me made whole because he posted his experience on this forum and fought the battle. Most dont and lose. The owner and UG have opperated this way for years and it will not change now.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:01 PM   #147
predators
Quote:
Originally Posted by btmexotics View Post
There are no exaggerations. They knew months before Daytona that I was vending. It was not a surprise. If there was a lack of communication between Ryan and Rian that is not my problem.

Also i did not come out ahead. I did not sell their 100 as a mix of retail and wholesale. I sold all i took(350) as a mix. I actually had to wheel and deal to sell what i did wholesale for less so I took a loss!

So let me get this straight. If i hand delivered their order and they refused it(for no good reason) and i couldn't sell it Underground would be in the wrong. But because i was able to sell it that absolves underground from wrong doing? Do i get a 15% restocking fee? And again please explain the absurdity of refusing an order when it is physically sitting right in front of you in FLORIDA on Saturday only to call me monday morning to get an order shipped to you from Kansas City. Seems quite ridiculous.

And i am growing weary of having to explain this. I was specifically threatened on the PHONE. If after that threat you can not decipher the insinuations or implied threats because you are not fluent in WISE guy lingo i do not know what to say to you except watch a few episodes of Sopranos,rent goodfellas i don't know.

So you drive 24 hours in a car to hand deliver an order you expect paid on delivery and tell me how you feel when you are blown off and the customer doesnt hold up their end of the deal. I dont know about you but I am a man of my word and where i come from a deal is a deal. I would expect most to live by those standards especially a man of GOD who owns his own CHURCH. And then to contact me on monday wanting an order shipped after that? yeah right. A cold day in hell.
Jay, The way you are writing this post and expressing yourself does not really get your point across however, I do understand what you mean.
Rian G, has a way about him that has a wise guy feel and is subtly threatening. Its the way he carries himself and talks to people.. He is very condescending and a wise guy..... He will insert little snide remarks and innuendos when he is talking to you and he thinks he is being slick when he does it. For anyone who doesnt know what I am talking about just watch the Judge Judy episode and the ending remarks. He threatens without actually coming out and saying it directly. Also, his business dealings have the same shady feel to them. Not that he is directly a thief or would directly steal but, again its just a grey area his business lives in.
He clearly said he was not going to take the axolotls from you at the show to teach you a lesson and prove some kind of point. Maybe strike some fear into you and scare you into not doing the show for fear of losing there business. Although he didnt directly steal from you he caused you grief and hassle which is exactly what he is doing with the panther geckos here.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #148
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by predators View Post
I I had a feeling the OP would me made whole because he posted his experience on this forum and fought the battle. Most dont and lose. The owner and UG have opperated this way for years and it will not change now.
They may change, they may not. I hope they do. But you have pointed out that customers can come here, and post their experience and perhaps be made whole.
I'd think that you pointing this out would be an incentive for Underground to change a bit, they would have happier customers and less bad publicity.

Old 10-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #149
owlbear
Ouch. I was considering them for future purchases myself. Not anymore. Will be avoiding them :/

Old 10-18-2014, 11:10 PM   #150
TheLittleHeathen
I had considered using them before when I was looking for a Hermann's Tortoise. I'm glad I came across this BOI. I'm so sorry that this happened to you and hope that the two that you get from them are healthy and doing well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!