Bad Guy Legal battle hindering sale- Lea Hurst and Nikki Pardalis - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #31
nickolasanastasiou
Brittany, what was the funding source for Paypal?

Old 08-12-2014, 10:37 AM   #32
gila7150
The only completely innocent person in this deal is Brittany. It seems obvious that Lea is a thief. Nikki may only be guilty of poor judgment when she entered in to a personal and business relationship with Lea.

Nikki,
Do the right thing and ship the gecko. Your reputation is worth more than the cost of a crested gecko. Brittany just wanted to buy a gecko...she didn't sign up to get stuck in the middle of someone's relationship drama. If you honor the sale it would clearly define who the "good guy" is in this situation and it would spare everyone from another 100 page BOI thread that should have been resolved before it got here.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #33
Pogaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Brittany, what was the funding source for Paypal?
As I stated in the OP- my funding was an ACH bank transfer. My Paypal was connected directly to my bank account for deposit purposes, but for some reason also withdrawal purposes. I thought it was to my debit card, but I was mistaken. I have already contacted both Paypal and my bank. Paypal obviously couldn't do anything because it was over the 45 days. My bank says they cannot reverse an ACH payment. I find that a little odd, since I work with ACH payments and we definitely see reversals from time to time, but it might be different for large corporations over a personal account.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #34
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by gila7150 View Post
Nikki,
Do the right thing and ship the gecko. .
I don't believe that shipping the gecko is necessarily the 'right thing'. I do believe it invites further misbehavior by Lea.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #35
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogaf View Post
As I stated in the OP- my funding was an ACH bank transfer. My Paypal was connected directly to my bank account for deposit purposes, but for some reason also withdrawal purposes. I thought it was to my debit card, but I was mistaken. I have already contacted both Paypal and my bank. Paypal obviously couldn't do anything because it was over the 45 days. My bank says they cannot reverse an ACH payment. I find that a little odd, since I work with ACH payments and we definitely see reversals from time to time, but it might be different for large corporations over a personal account.
I apologize for not having noticed before. Thank you for reiterating.

Not sure if Lea still works here, but this may also be another means of contact.

http://house-of-reptiles.com/about-us

Old 08-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #36
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
The only completely innocent person in this deal is Brittany. It seems obvious that Lea is a thief. Nikki may only be guilty of poor judgment when she entered in to a personal and business relationship with Lea.

Nikki,
Do the right thing and ship the gecko. Your reputation is worth more than the cost of a crested gecko. Brittany just wanted to buy a gecko...she didn't sign up to get stuck in the middle of someone's relationship drama. If you honor the sale it would clearly define who the "good guy" is in this situation and it would spare everyone from another 100 page BOI thread that should have been resolved before it got here.
Unless Nikki has received payment for the gecko she owns, she owes the buyer as much as you do.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:47 AM   #37
Pogaf
No worries Nickolas- gave me the chance to get into a little more detail about it

I just sent this email to Lea

(August 12, 2014, 7:45am PDT)

Good morning Lea,

Since it doesn't seem things are going anywhere with all this, I would like to formally ask for a refund on Fangorn. I don't want to put pressure on your personal legal issues and I think it would just be easier if I could remove myself.

I understand that you brought up your 30-day policy, but as far as I'm concerned those are guarantees on the health of the animal once it arrives and I never received any live animal for the 30 days to apply to.

Thank you,
Brittany

Old 08-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #38
nickolasanastasiou
I think your email is appropriately stated.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #39
Sinofmen
Quote:

Nikki,
That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. The buyer is caught in the middle between relationship drama between Lea and Nikki. If Nikki was to step up and make it right, it would speak wonders for her credibility as a seller on Fauna.

I admit I'm fairly new, I don't know the ends and outs of how business is conducted around here. I will say though that I have spent thousands on reptiles since I have joined. It's situations exactly like this that keeps me away from smaller breeders and pushes me to only deal with the bigger names like RainbowBeardedDragons, BloodBank, SpiceDragons and JoshD.

I keep reading these BOI and get nervous I'm going to get screwed out of my money dealing with the smaller guys, although they often times have beautiful reptiles and cheaper prices.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #40
Inret
Sinofmen, we're boyfriend and girlfriend and you just bought a cool gecko. I just sold it and gave you no money and no say in the matter and no heads up that I did it. Now I'm breaking up with you. Send the gecko or else I'll encourage people to say bad things about you on the BOI. Oh by the way I bought myself a cool new ipod with the money, bye, seeya later.

Now do you understand what's going on here or are you still not getting why Nikki has no reason to send this gecko, offer a refund or otherwise do anything? The circumstances of this are literally no different than if it was a stolen picture because the picture of the animal is all Lea owned in the first place.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!