Bad Guy Underground Reptiles Stay away!! - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #91
Skinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
Mel: If they offered you a free replacement and that made them a bad guy, what was the solution you were looking for? Did you want them to refund the cost difference between a male and female? I don't deal with geckos, but isn't that like $5? It sounds like they gave you a pretty fair solution.

I don't think that they intentionally sent you a male and said it was female...I would assume it was an honest mistake. They then tried to correct their mistake, and you posted on the BOI calling them a bad guy.

I will ask again, what sort of solution were you looking for that would have made them a good guy? Other than not making an honest mistake and trying to fix it?
I don't believe they sent males on purpose either. I do feel their TOS is worded in such a way to steer as much responsibility as humanly possible away from underground reptiles. It's hard not to yell caution when you see someone getting lured into their web. If you read their TOS they don't cover shipping, even if they make a mistake they aren't responsible for shipping to fix it; this is the customer's responsibility as per their terms.

This is where price of the gecko comes into play. I highly doubt they are losing any money on remedying this situation because the gecko is an inexpensive one. They offer store credit and to attach the replacement to the customer's next order, for which the customer pays shipping.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #92
Craig Wyatt
Hey Mel. If I were you I'd just stop responding to Nicks messages. He clearly does not get it and I don't think he's capable of getting it.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #93
Agoralyx
Also just a third party offering my two cents:

A full refund implies money back in the OP's bank account. I don't think that has every been offered by Underground. Offering credit on future purchases and/or offering a "free" panther with his next purchase implies he will MAKE another purchase. He stated he had no intention nor need of more animals, thus remedying the situation via Underground's suggestion requires him to spend more money on animals that he never planned on purchasing.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #94
mfasano
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwyatt View Post
Hey Mel. If I were you I'd just stop responding to Nicks messages. He clearly does not get it and I don't think he's capable of getting it.
I'm beginning to think he's maybe an employee or friend of Underground reptiles as they have the same view on this. Definitely horrible Customer service.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #95
Big Borg Reptiles
Just to summarize:

You got a mis-sexed animal (more than likely an honest mistake).
You told them you wanted a replacement female.
They said they would gladly give you full credit OR a free replacement on another order.
You say "Seriously? I'm not paying for shipping and you aren't handling this correctly" (which isn't very constructive by the way).
You get mad and post to the BOI how bad they are.
You don't propose any other solution.

And to clarify: I'm not sure if you have ever shipped reptiles, but it costs about $35-$60. So in order for them to send you another female, it would cost them that plus the value of the animal, which is more than your original purchase price. Would you do that as a seller? Would you literally spend money to give someone else your reptiles? I think credit or a free replacement was more than fair, and if you had asked for a refund I would bet they would have given you one.

I think you are feeling very entitled for no reason, and whether you realize it or not, you are very lucky that Underground Reptiles is on the hate list right now.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #96
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfasano View Post
I'm beginning to think he's maybe an employee or friend of Underground reptiles as they have the same view on this. Definitely horrible Customer service.
Nope, just not jumping on the bandwagon. I've never owned a gecko, I have ball pythons exclusively. Just trying to help people look at things in a reasonable, objective, semi-educated manner.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #97
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoralyx View Post
Also just a third party offering my two cents:

A full refund implies money back in the OP's bank account. I don't think that has every been offered by Underground. Offering credit on future purchases and/or offering a "free" panther with his next purchase implies he will MAKE another purchase. He stated he had no intention nor need of more animals, thus remedying the situation via Underground's suggestion requires him to spend more money on animals that he never planned on purchasing.
I agree, but was a full refund ever refused?

Old 10-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #98
mfasano
Quote:
Just to summarize:

You got a mis-sexed animal (more than likely an honest mistake).
You told them you wanted a replacement female.
They said they would gladly give you full credit OR a free replacement on another order.
You say "Seriously? I'm not paying for shipping and you aren't handling this correctly" (which isn't very constructive by the way).
You get mad and post to the BOI how bad they are.
You don't propose any other solution.

And to clarify: I'm not sure if you have ever shipped reptiles, but it costs about $35-$60. So in order for them to send you another female, it would cost them that plus the value of the animal, which is more than your original purchase price. Would you do that as a seller? Would you literally spend money to give someone else your reptiles? I think credit or a free replacement was more than fair, and if you had asked for a refund I would bet they would have given you one.

I think you are feeling very entitled for no reason, and whether you realize it or not, you are very lucky that Underground Reptiles is on the hate list right now.
I was going to respond to these but I'm going to step away from the brick wall I'm talking to and enjoy the rest of my day. One good thing came out of this though I found one more person not to do business with, thanks

Old 10-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #99
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinker View Post
I don't believe they sent males on purpose either. I do feel their TOS is worded in such a way to steer as much responsibility as humanly possible away from underground reptiles. It's hard not to yell caution when you see someone getting lured into their web. If you read their TOS they don't cover shipping, even if they make a mistake they aren't responsible for shipping to fix it; this is the customer's responsibility as per their terms.

This is where price of the gecko comes into play. I highly doubt they are losing any money on remedying this situation because the gecko is an inexpensive one. They offer store credit and to attach the replacement to the customer's next order, for which the customer pays shipping.
I'm not going to disagree with this at all. From what I've read, their TOS would make me hesitant to purchase from them personally (thankfully they never have anything I want :P). However, I would guarantee that if a refund was demanded, it would have been given. If they had refused to do that, THEN I can see posting on the BOI that they're ripping people off.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #100
Lucille
Quote:
I agree that they should not have to buy something else to get a replacement
And that is what was offered. You seem to be perfectly OK with them putting crappy offers on the table. Shouldn't a good company START with a reasonable offer that fits the customer's needs, or do you expect the customer has to plow through a lot of crap to get what she wants?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!