Reputations and Communications...... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
Diggy415
Reputations and Communications......

I am so tired of trying to get things done around the house and being a single female, is bad enough. I recently bought a pellet stove and have to have the pipes reduced and an air intake placed in, i took time off of work after i made an appointment for someone to meet me at my house to install it. Superbowl sunday they came by to look at the job, said they could fit me in Tue, no call, no nothing, i made different calls and on thurs night he finally called to say it was going to be 10am then 1pm and still nothing over an hour later, this is very upsetting, they work as they want, some ppl are pests on when something is to be done, and taking time off work would be worth it, but here it is half the day over and no call. Will sit around here waiting and then the time will come where i call in someone else and hope i don't get the same result, i can't trust anyone anymore and it pisses me off. I say it's because im a single female, but their reputation is going to be smeared as i work at a large company and told all my coworkers the deal and wait until i tell them this business is the *(&*(^%&. Ok im calm now, thnks for the listen. Oh yeah im in calif and its below 0 at nights now, pretty sad with little heaters trying to do the job raising my electric bill as well.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:18 PM   #2
Lucille
Tanya,
I wouldn't give him another chance. I would look in the yellow pages, find some of the largest businesses of that type in the area and call several for quotes, each time telling your story and mentioning this guy by name. It will get back to him.
After you are fixed up via another company, call him and ask for his biz address and tell him that the BBB requires that on their complaint forms....

Hope it warms up for you soon.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #3
Diggy415
thnks he claimed he was in an area where his cell didn't get service, must of been in a house with no phone. My father used him too and same result, only i didn't know that, he called after i said unless you call to say you can work on it tonight, then im done. He called and said he will be here after he loads up his truck 1/2 hr, it's been passed that,here we go again. it's cold to argue and have it done sun, and here he is now....details later.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:23 PM   #4
Golden Gate Geckos
Lucille's suggestion is a good one. Find someone else to do the job.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #5
kellysballs
I have had this problem trying to get the building I work in painted. I called 5 painters, out of the 5 that where scheduled to come and give me an estimate that Thursday only one showed up. I hired them and they began work the following Monday. About 2pm (on Monday) one of the other companies showed up to give me an estimate. The same people who said they would be out 4 days before. When they saw the other company painting the place they actually were mad that I hadn't called them and let them know that they weren't needed!
Honestly I was tickled that the guy was pissed, I told him "you snooze you lose", and went on about my day. Hopefully he learned a lesson but probably not. Bottom line is I got the work done and I also got to see the lazy liar get pissed because of his own mistake.
Call a few companies and make them compete for your business.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:52 AM   #6
Serafim
Tanya

Lucille hit the nail on the head call someone else and ask for references. Most reputable companies will be happy to give them to you.What kind of company did you call a general contractor or someone that installs solid fuel appliances strictly?

Old 02-09-2008, 01:35 AM   #7
Cat_72
Where did you get the name of the person to begin with?

I would suggest calling the place where you purchased the pellet stove, and ask them who they would recommend. If they were the ones who gave you his name....I'd tell them the issues you've had with him, and stress that he's NOT a good choice for their recommendation, it can reflect poorly back on them.

Good luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!