rep points confusion - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-06-2005, 02:22 AM   #1
Wilomn
rep points confusion

One more dumb question, I hope it's just the one, for today.

Well actually two. Why are the rep points I see in my user cp different than the one I see when I post?

What do purple squares mean? I get that the red ones are not agreeing and all the green ones are agreeing, have the purple ones simply not made up their minds yet?

Old 01-06-2005, 01:07 PM   #2
progeckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
Well actually two. Why are the rep points I see in my user cp different than the one I see when I post?
The rep power you see next to the green squares is the power you have to change someone else’s reputation. Example – You have a rep power of 50. If you give someone reputation and agree with them, they will have a reputation 50 points higher. Now if you disapprove their reputation goes down 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
What do purple squares mean? I get that the red ones are not agreeing and all the green ones are agreeing, have the purple ones simply not made up their minds yet?
I would assume the grey dots are neutral. This means that the person that’s adding to your reputation doesn’t have any rep power. They’re obviously giving you a green dot (for agreeing) and since they have no rep power it become neutral.

Hopefully all this makes sense…

Old 01-06-2005, 03:51 PM   #3
Wilomn
Thank you very much, now it makes sense.

Old 01-08-2005, 02:30 PM   #4
Wilomn
I just noticed that there are only ten feedbacks viewable at a time. Are the others stored and available someplace?

Old 01-08-2005, 05:54 PM   #5
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by progeckos
The rep power you see next to the green squares is the power you have to change someone else’s reputation. Example – You have a rep power of 50. If you give someone reputation and agree with them, they will have a reputation 50 points higher. Now if you disapprove their reputation goes down 50.

I would assume the grey dots are neutral. This means that the person that’s adding to your reputation doesn’t have any rep power. They’re obviously giving you a green dot (for agreeing) and since they have no rep power it become neutral.

Hopefully all this makes sense…
The first part is correct. The second I think isn't. I think the grey squares are from people who don't have any points to give or take. When adding to someone's rep there is only 2 choices; I agree or I disagree.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:31 AM   #6
gfisher2002
I can't seem to find anywhere to view my reputation. Maybe I don't have one? Should it just show up in user cp?

Old 01-09-2005, 11:37 AM   #7
MR_Jungle_Mist
It will show up in User CP on the main window (middle).

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like you have any rep points at this time so there is nothing to show. Once you start receiving them you'll notice the list there.

Also, as you are not a contributing member, you will only be able to see the amount of rep points you have and not be able to see who left them to you.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #8
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfisher2002
I can't seem to find anywhere to view my reputation. Maybe I don't have one? Should it just show up in user cp?
If you click on the symbol (bottom left hand corner of any post you have made) between the green circle and the triangle with the ! it will show you what points you have. Everyone starts off with 10 points.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:44 AM   #9
MR_Jungle_Mist
Here is another thread in which the rep points and power were discussed. Page two, here, shows a screen capture of what you are looking for.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #10
MR_Jungle_Mist
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
If you click on the symbol (bottom left hand corner of any post you have made) between the green circle and the triangle with the ! it will show you what points you have.
Problem is....there is no triangle with the ! on your own post. I guess the folks that made this software didn't feel it necessary to allow users to report their own posts as bad posts.

But I think he'll know what you mean!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!