My pacman & Giant Pixie babies - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #61
mitch_rz
Oh and as for the dry season, I know I can do that very easily with the 60W bulb in the lamp I have. Just don't spray the tank very often and let the water evaporate. This in combination with the lamp will have the soil start to dry very slowly and will take perhaps a week or two till it shows signs of being dry. I plan on doing this anyways with my frog so that he has a good rest period this fall and winter.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #62
nicolai
what about a dry season to "cycle " them into breeding???

Old 07-06-2006, 09:49 AM   #63
ms_ramie22
pacman vs. pixie

Ok now, this thread started out "my pacman and giant pixie babies" and as I've been watching it, has headed down the pixie trail!! I have wanted a pacman frog for a long time but living in North Dakota, we only have your basic green, oh once in awhile you'll see an albino... so anyway, I would like to get something a little different and was leaning toward a harlequin fantasy frog or an ornate horned frog.... ( I really like the looks of the ornate horned frog but read where they probably are not for a novice frog keeper as they are more timid-- is this true?) Then I come on here and see this thread and how everybody just LOVES their pixie frogs. Well, now I'm stuck. I would like to know WHY it seems you guys are favoring the pixies over the pacman? I only want to get one, so I want to make sure I get one I can enjoy... so help me out here........ Thanks

Old 07-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #64
lestat_tnt
I like my pacman frogs, there great. You will be happy either way. I like pixies more because, they eat better IMO, may grow bigger, looks better IMO, hide less IMO. I like there killer tooth like things on there lower jaw. I like the way puff themselves full of air when intimidated. I believe they are more powerfull. I have 4 of them and there personalities are interesting. All my pixies can eat in a separate container. My pacman are a little shyer (they have to feel safe in there cage)as they are more of an ambush predator. I like it when my animals are easy to feed. Remember this is just my opinion and personal experience. When my little guy bit me it was just a little pinch and he quickly let go. I surprised at how big his mouth could open.

Old 07-06-2006, 01:37 PM   #65
ms_ramie22
thanks

thanks ZMS, that's all I'm looking for, is opinions!! It's fun to read what other people think and the opinions that they have. It will maybe help me to be better informed, which is what my goal is!!

Old 07-06-2006, 06:26 PM   #66
nicolai
pacmans?? This thread was about Pacmans??? Just kidding. I have pacman too!! i will post a pic for you shortly.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:26 PM   #67
techgirl
I love my pacman!!! If anyone would have told me a few months ago that having a pet frog was cool and low maintanence, I would have laughed. My 2 year old gets a kick out of watching him eat and learned how to say "goggy"(froggy) and "all gone" because of him. If you say the goggy hops, so does she. I have had my pacman for about 3 months and he was the size of a half dollar, now he weighs 70 gms. He loves to eat. Does anyone know which sex makes noise? Mine has been starting to make some noises lately. The pixies look cool but there's just something about the pacmans that I just love.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:31 PM   #68
ms_ramie22
size

ok, the pixies get larger than the pacman, don't they? I think I've made up my mind, I'm going to stick with my first choice-- the pacman. I decided I want an ornate horned frog, they are a pacman but more colorful than the green or albino. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. Also, I read that they tend to be more timid than a "normal" pacman,, any truth to that?

Old 07-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #69
nicolai
Quote:
Originally Posted by techgirl
I love my pacman!!! If anyone would have told me a few months ago that having a pet frog was cool and low maintanence, I would have laughed. My 2 year old gets a kick out of watching him eat and learned how to say "goggy"(froggy) and "all gone" because of him. If you say the goggy hops, so does she. I have had my pacman for about 3 months and he was the size of a half dollar, now he weighs 70 gms. He loves to eat. Does anyone know which sex makes noise? Mine has been starting to make some noises lately. The pixies look cool but there's just something about the pacmans that I just love.

I believe the males are the vocal ones. 70 grams already, that is gonna be a big one!!! the pac mans also come in more colors and styles. I have an albino argentine horned frog. I would like to get a ornate one as well. Guess I pretty much want a couple of everything!!! Gessh, is there such thing as a herpaholic?? If there is I need to go to herpaholic rehab!!!!

Old 07-06-2006, 08:31 PM   #70
nicolai
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ramie22
ok, the pixies get larger than the pacman, don't they? I think I've made up my mind, I'm going to stick with my first choice-- the pacman. I decided I want an ornate horned frog, they are a pacman but more colorful than the green or albino. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. Also, I read that they tend to be more timid than a "normal" pacman,, any truth to that?

the ornates are very very colorful, especially if you get one of the high red ones!!! those guys are amazing to look at. Let me know if you find any!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!