Sticker shock - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:07 PM   #1
Lucille
Sticker shock

I saw someone at school the other day who had a Chanel handbag and it was real cute. I need a new summer purse so I went looking on Ebay and Chanel bags are around a THOUSAND bucks

That's just beyond comprehenson, a thousand dollars for a PURSE?

I still want one but it is gonna be a little while til I get one......

Old 04-16-2007, 01:26 AM   #2
Cat_72
I just bought a Coach purse for a friend of mine on Ebay (she has no clue how Ebay works, she just tells me to bid on things for her, lol). She was so excited when she only had to pay $387 for it...and I think it's really ugly. I could never justify spending that kind of money on a purse (especially an ugly one!), but then again, most folks couldn't see spending $1000 on a snake either.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:19 AM   #3
Lucille
I actually like Coach and have a couple of them but they are winter/fall bags. The white Chanel purses would be perfect for right now.

I suppose if one wants an item bad enough one will just pony up the price: I have seen ball pythons advertised for tens of thousands of dollars, but then a snake can be an investment and be bred and produce more snakes that might possibly help recoup one's initial investment. Unlike a purse

Old 04-16-2007, 08:29 AM   #4
Cat_72
Oh no.....this was a SPRING Coach bag, complete with flowers and a bumblebee on it, lol.

Looks like a big ol ugly picnic basket.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:25 PM   #5
Lucille
One problem that one has to deal with in purses are fakes. Like 'fake hets' in snakes, apparently there are those who make and sell fake Coaches and Chanels and etc.

I suppose if it is undetectable, it is still a purse but after all, one is paying for the very highest quality of materials and workmanship and often the fakes are not that quality. All of the ads say their product is genuine, you know that a Dooney under twenty bucks is not likely to be genuine.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:13 PM   #6
Cat_72
Here's the purse she got (or one just like it, I should say). And I was mistaken, she paid $287 at the time, not $387.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-COACH-STRAW-...QQcmdZViewItem

I still think it's ugly, lol. My other half calls it her "Igloo", because he thinks it looks like a lunch cooler.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:24 PM   #7
Lucille
Yeppers, it's ugly.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:37 PM   #8
Cat_72
Heh, toldja.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!