Inquiry on gold reptilians? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:33 PM   #1
chaosad
Inquiry on gold reptilians?

So I noticed this site advertised on the internet and decided to check them out. I am not going planning on, or ever going to do business with these people. I found it funny more than anything. I am dumbfounded by the care requirements for these animals and potential sizes. Anyone else know these guys?

here is a link to the animal section.

http://www.goldreptilians.com/index.php/cName/snakes

Old 02-28-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
kimnrick04
WOW, I just checked their site out and just shook my head. I love how everything eats feeder mice the size of their head or smaller. Why the Granite gets bigger (by allot) than the normal burm gets me. Everything is kept at 78 degrees.lol

Rick

Old 02-28-2008, 09:32 PM   #3
chaosad
everything should be kept in a 55 gallon screen cage and apparently sand boas need branches to climb on.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:03 PM   #4
replvr
Wow! Check out there customer comments page. It looks like GR was the buyer not the seller and it looks like ebay feedback more than animal sales. They also have a D.O.A. shipment notice on their homepage. Thats crazy. It must be common.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:22 PM   #5
snakewrangler
I can't stop laughing...read the "How it works" section...

Old 02-28-2008, 11:45 PM   #6
Suncoast Herpetological
That's just sad. Now we know where Chuckie Schuck opened his facility. When you have more misspelled words on your website than words spelled correctly it's time to hang it up.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:49 PM   #7
April Homich
If they've been in "business" since 1999, (if you count business as selling feeder mice to a guy after selling him one snake) then at least one of their many employees should be able to proofread the website. I've never seen so many spelling errors on what is supposed to be a professional site. You can't expect to be taken seriously with writing like that. Sorry, it's just one of my pet peeves...

Also, with regards to the caresheet info, this has shown up on their page.

Quote:
Care Sheet Notice

Dear Valued Customer,

As you may have seen the details under each animals care sheets are either slightly off or fully false. Our on staff veterinarians will be modifying and updating the details through out the week and we hope to have the details updated and corrected by the end of the week. We would love to have your input, if you see details you know are false and you know the correct answer please assist us by emailing the animals name and the correct details to animalcare@goldreptilians.com we will be offering credit on account as a reward for your input. For the time being be sure before ordering any live animals from our website you do your research using other sites. We thank you very much for understanding.

Sincerely,

- Rob Romesburg (Chairman & CEO)
Not to worry - they have vets on staff that will modify the details, or they would like you to give them the info and save them the trouble of looking it up themselves...

Old 02-29-2008, 12:02 AM   #8
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Care Sheet Notice

Dear Valued Customer,

As you may have seen the details under each animals care sheets are either slightly off or fully false. Our on staff veterinarians will be modifying and updating the details through out the week and we hope to have the details updated and corrected by the end of the week. We would love to have your input, if you see details you know are false and you know the correct answer please assist us by emailing the animals name and the correct details to animalcare@goldreptilians.com we will be offering credit on account as a reward for your input. For the time being be sure before ordering any live animals from our website you do your research using other sites. We thank you very much for understanding.

Sincerely,

- Rob Romesburg (Chairman & CEO)
Translation...we are idiots and have no idea what we are doing. Please take pity and do our work for us

Old 02-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #9
chaosad
Quote:
Originally Posted by April Homich
If they've been in "business" since 1999, (if you count business as selling feeder mice to a guy after selling him one snake) then at least one of their many employees should be able to proofread the website. I've never seen so many spelling errors on what is supposed to be a professional site. You can't expect to be taken seriously with writing like that. Sorry, it's just one of my pet peeves...

Also, with regards to the caresheet info, this has shown up on their page.

Not to worry - they have vets on staff that will modify the details, or they would like you to give them the info and save them the trouble of looking it up themselves...
That wasnt originaly there. A friend of mine e-mailed them and told them the care info was grossly inacurate.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #10
Dennis Hultman
I just started with the frogs and geckos but if you do a google image search every picture was taken from another site. Most came up on the first page of the search.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!