Question for rack system users... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-20-2004, 12:28 PM   #1
LCReptiles
Question for rack system users...

Hey gang. For those of you using racks for your leos. What do you use for egg boxes? I can't seem to find anything that doesn't look like it takes all the space my girls have to move..

Old 08-20-2004, 12:38 PM   #2
USAGECKOS
HI,

I use tupperwares, I just cut a hole in the top and fill it with Eco Earth. You can buy them in all different sizes and shapes, very convienant.

You can see some of my enclosures on my web page:
Enclosures

Old 08-20-2004, 12:53 PM   #3
progeckos
I do it close to the way Jeanne does. I use the Rubbermaid or ziplock throw away containers. You can get them at Wal-mart real cheap. I also cut a hole in the lid for access and fill it with Bed-A-Beast.

Old 08-20-2004, 01:04 PM   #4
gmherps
I've used progeckos way for about 90 days now, and have nothing but success with it.
I also use vermiculite or peat moss (moistened) in the hide. They love it!

Old 08-20-2004, 02:37 PM   #5
Gregg M
Yep, ProGeckos way is the way to go..... I have been doing it like that for 2 years now...... You just need to take the egg box out if you are feeding crickets..... That is a perfect place for them to lay eggs...... You will have hundreds of baby crickets running around before you know it....LOL..... Bed A Beast is good because the geckos do not ingest it and if they did, it will pass without problems..... Place the lay box so it is half on the heat tape and half off..... The leo will find the spot she likes best and you will find it will be somewhere in the middle.....

USAGeckos,
Just so you know, there is no such thing as a het for carrot tail......

Old 08-20-2004, 04:09 PM   #6
LCReptiles
LOL, I'm lost, who said anything about het for Carrottail??

Old 08-20-2004, 05:15 PM   #7
USAGECKOS
Gregg,

That gecko was sold to me by Tundra Geckos as a Het carrot tail so that is what I labeled it as. I thought it sounded funny but I figured they knew what they were talking about.

Thanks

Old 08-20-2004, 06:07 PM   #8
Gregg M
No problem..... Het is a term used for a recessive gene..... Carrot tails are line bred not recessive...... You have some realy nice leos on your site...... And your fat tails are awesome.... Hope your breeding seasons go well..... Take care....
Gregg

Old 08-21-2004, 01:11 PM   #9
USAGECKOS
Thanks!

Thanks for the compliment on my geckos!

I have never been that great with genetics, I should probably read a book on it, do you of any that are in english, LOL (I mean not over scientific). I would just like to learn the basics.

Do you have any pictures of your geckos? I'd like to see them.

Thanks again!

Old 08-21-2004, 02:42 PM   #10
Gregg M
Here ya go Jeanne, Click the link.....

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=47086

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!