Inquiry I'm thinking of buying from "bigdaddywholesale"---Is he good or not - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #11
Junkyard
If you think you can trust Allen after all the warnings here on the BOI, then by all means go waste your money.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #12
Bryan T
RUN!!!!! He has IBD in his collection....

Old 05-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #13
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan T View Post
Ouch--that's a pretty strong statement. I hope you have some proof--otherwise someone may shove words like that right down your throat. You have mentioned that you have money---don't spend it stupidly by shooting your mouth off. (Google "libel"--I think you just did it.)

I've never bought from this seller---and I have read all the things people have said in the past.

My only thoughts are---if Big Daddy is really "trouble"--why haven't more individual buyers stepped forward with horror stories and vet reports? He's always got stuff listed for sale.

I'm not very close to this subject--but it does seem to reason that we'd have new threads popping up all the time if these other stories were true.

Old 05-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #14
Tiger Lilly
PROOF of IBD?

Quote:
Yeah, unless you can prove that statement...and by all means, if you have proof, post it! Don't make an outright accusation and then run--that just makes you look bad.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #15
VinnyButch
Al Belcher

For what it's worth, I'm not a 'big time' herper by anyone's standards, but I completed two transactions with Al Belcher in the past year, and both went perfectly.
One was a trade, and one was a straight purchase. Both times the animals arrived on time, beautiful snakes, and they've been healthy as little horses ever since.
Again, just my experience.

Vinny Buccigrossi

Old 05-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #16
Casey Hulse
Quote:
that just makes you look bad.
I agree!
I have spoken with Allen on the phone, and he seems like a very nice honest guy. I think you should give him a call and address your concerns.
If I remember correctly Allen initially took a "PR hit" a few yrs. ago from a former employee who took pictures of dirty cages and posted them.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #17
Lucille
Quote:
Unless you have good proof this is an irresponsible and a really potentially damaging thing to write. Repeating a damaging and unsubstantiated rumor, without more, is the equivalent of saying it yourself.

Have you had any personal dealings, or do you have proof of the current truth of what you are saying? If not, you owe an apology, and you could end up owing a lot more.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #18
SteeleReptiles
Never had a deal with him. I was going to purchase some labyrinth burms in atlanta from him at a show but after reading all about him and also seeing him personally seeing him tell potential buyers they are buying something that there not just told me to walk away.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #19
Mooing Tricycle
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=Allen+Belcher

This is the Thread that Casey Speaks of.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:35 AM   #20
Cinctum09
Question Like I was saying

Like I was saying, I am very much interested in buy a few animals from Allen. he always has a very nice selection of animals and really high end stuff. I just do not want to run the risk of my collection getting infected. Now due from being in this hobby so long, I know a easy way to get back at a breeder/ snake flipper that you think has done you wrong, Is to say his\her collection is infected. I am really just trying to get the truth not the BS, kid games. Has anybody received a infected animal from big daddy? With proof?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!