Inquiry I'm thinking of buying from "bigdaddywholesale"---Is he good or not - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #21
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
I agree!
I have spoken with Allen on the phone, and he seems like a very nice honest guy.
As have I, and that is far from the impression I walked away with.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #22
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan T View Post
RUN!!!!! He has IBD in his collection....
Is this the proof you are referring too?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&postcount=608

Old 05-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #23
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
If I remember correctly Allen initially took a "PR hit" a few yrs. ago from a former employee who took pictures of dirty cages and posted them.
And I would take the word of that "former employee" (Bryon Adzic) over 99% of the people on this board, let alone Allen's.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #24
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
And I would take the word of that "former employee" (Bryon Adzic) over 99% of the people on this board, let alone Allen's.
Could not agree more Sammy. Bryon is top notch.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #25
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:

Couldn't agree more.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #26
Lucille
Quote:
I think a lot of Bryon. And maybe Big Daddy's history from posts here is enough that he can't survive it. Sometimes, people will just say 'enough is enough' and certainly the whole point of the BOI is to give a experiences with vendors. People have a right to make their own decisions, and those decisions are often based on past experience.

But Sammy, didn't you tell him this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Allen,

It was how you handled things prior to the last 1-2 years that earned you the reputation you have. You got enough horse sense about you to know that once trust is broken that it takes a long time to earn it back.

But if you truly are trying to run your business by a higher standard now, then my hat is off to you.
Whatever choices people make with Allen now, and those choices are theirs to make, I thought that was a good post.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #27
shrap
Do you have a point in there somewhere, Lucille?

Old 05-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #28
Lucille
Sammy, why did you write that post to Allen?

Old 05-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #29
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Sammy, why did you write that post to Allen?
Because he did? why does it matter? Sammy simply stated he believes the word of Bryon over 99% of the people on the site.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #30
RJK890
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...Belcher&page=3

Funny, You join Fauna on 5/7 and post's a "I'm thinking of purchasing from Big Daddy - is he good or bad?" thread on 5/8.

Everyone has already overstated their opinion of Allen Belcher "being good or bad"(including me,) on several other threads about him. So if you already did a search on Allen Belcher, and Big Daddy's Wholesale you could have just bumped one of those threads asking if anyone had a more recent transaction and would mind posting feedback. Anyway, Maybe in the future.

I guess you are new here so welcome to fauna. I do not believe that Allen's collection is infected. I have had 34 animals from Allen in my collection and they were all healthy and thriving. I traded 17 of them away, and still have 17 of them in my collection. All but one of them will be breeding for me this year.
I know several other keepers that have animals from Allen in their collection, and none of them have had any problems either.

If you do decide to purchase from him, be sure to post feedback on your experience one way or the other.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!