Beware: Of Reptileguru. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:10 PM   #31
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
The problem isn't my husband and I.
I take it Josh is not posting anymore. You need to sign your name to your posts.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:10 PM   #32
jnjreptile
And once again. He did say he would treat the snake before shipping. But actions speak louder than words. He knew the snake had a mite problem and judging my the amount of mites the snake has he didn't treat the snake at all prior to or after our transaction.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:11 PM   #33
Bill & Amy
We seem to be hung up on the number of mites, but anyone knows that if you can "see 10 mites" then there is alot more hiding under scales that you wouldn't ever see. Maybe I read this wrong, but didnt he say he treated and then shipped? That would explain all the dead mites falling off in the bag. It still comes down to "what does it matter how many mites?" They cost for treating 100 or 1000 is the same. So what would be the reasoning for a partial refund?

Old 01-25-2006, 09:12 PM   #34
jnjreptile
My husband only posted once because I was gone running errands with my son.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:13 PM   #35
Chameleon Company
While I was typing my last post;

In post # 27:
Quote:
JNJ says:
I don't want any money
And then back to post #1:
Quote:
JNJ says:
We called ReptileGuru to work out some sort of partial refund from how we had already paid to have him treated. They called and said the only thing they could do was have us ship the boa back today and they would give us a refund upon arrival. I said no due to the fact that we had already treated the snake.
I will bet you a dollar to a doughnut that if you had gotten the partial refund, this thread is never here!

JNJ, IMHO, your base complaint, that you feel that the boa had a lot more mites, and was therefore a bigger problem, than you feel you were led to expect, is a legitimate complaint. Doesn't indicate you were deliberately misled though. If you had left out all the contradictory details, ......... well, there would be more sympathy for your plight here. But in the end, the full refund offer is appropriate regardless, in the eyes of the majority of the posters here. FYI, I do not feel that you in any way attempted to misrepresent the level of the infestation, and trust the bag photos as being accurate. Doesn't change anything though.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:17 PM   #36
jnjreptile
As I have said before. It is not about the money. That ended after our last conversation on the phone. The only thing I care about is the well being of the boa. The mites were not dead in the bag they were alive. That just tells me the boa was never treated. But anyways it is not about the money. The transaction is over. It is a done deal and now I just need to concentrate on getting rid of the mites so the boa does not get chewed up.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:17 PM   #37
Scott Ashton
Josh-

Jim has, from the beginning of this thread, offered a full refund including shipping charges.

I think this is more than fair, especially considering he made you aware that the animal was infested with mites. Furthermore it is apparently his policy to not discount his animals based upon such disputes.

As for the quantity of mites - this point is hardly relative, as 1 mite can kill your animal just as well as 100 or 1000 mites.

Regardless of your quarantine procedures/policies it is absolutely irresponsible to knowingly accept mite infested animals.

Jim-

I applaud your frankness in admitting that regardless of the circumstances you should not have shipped the animal.

How long had you had this animal?

How long do you quarantine animals received at your facility.

Laura Cox-

You are a model of ethics and responsibility and I can only imagine how difficult it must have been to destroy your collection.

By making the difficult decision that you did, you spared many others from the horror that you have had to experience.

Unfortunately, the almighty dollar frequently wins out over doing the right thing. Hopefully your example will go unnoticed by few.

-Scott Ashton

Old 01-25-2006, 09:19 PM   #38
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjreptile
My husband only posted once because I was gone running errands with my son.
The rules are clear, your name is not in the name field, you need to post your full name on each post.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:21 PM   #39
jnjreptile
True I did ask for a partial refund. Anyone would have. Jim's employee refused, we argued. I ended the conversation it was over. And again why would I send the snake back to a place where he wasn't treated in the first place. Everyone keeps relying on the money and who said what but no one seems to care about the snake. But as I said it is a done deal and now I just need to concentrate on treating the snake.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #40
Dennis Hultman
My wife said

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjreptile
As I have said before. It is not about the money. That ended after our last conversation on the phone. The only thing I care about is the well being of the boa. The mites were not dead in the bag they were alive. That just tells me the boa was never treated. But anyways it is not about the money. The transaction is over. It is a done deal and now I just need to concentrate on getting rid of the mites so the boa does not get chewed up.
It's All About The Money.

My wife said
So, let me ask you.
Quote:
We never said we are going to do a charge back and keep the snake My wife said she was going to do a charge back if you didn't correct the situation.
Why did you say that? Because you feel you should not pay full price, you threaten the charge back. Credit card companies do not allow partial charge backs.

Quote:
True I did ask for a partial refund. Anyone would have. Jim's employee refused, we argued. I ended the conversation it was over. And again why would I send the snake back to a place where he wasn't treated in the first place. Everyone keeps relying on the money and who said what but no one seems to care about the snake. But as I said it is a done deal and now I just need to concentrate on treating the snake.
Quote:
Jen, YOU made it about the money.
My wife said she was going to do a charge back if you didn't correct the situation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!