Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 151 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:45 AM   #1501
snakesareawesome
Thread is still going because the problem has not been corrected. You can't really rip someone off under the guise of a charity and not expect people to be disgusted.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:02 PM   #1502
tegusaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
this is a public warning about ty park, aka taesoon park and ty park reptiles.
march 2016 he held an online raffle. the terms were clear, they were
1. for an albino tegu
2. to be delivered by july 31 2016, and
3. that would be produced by him. it even stated that "if he did not produce any, chance of this happening is almost none, he would pay the winner $3,000.00 out of his own pocket”

the tickets were $100.00 each.
i purchased 4 tickets totaling $400.00
i was one of the winners, but Mr. Ty park did not honor his contract
on july 31 2016 i contacted him and asked him if he had produced any albino blue tegus yet. he said “ not yet, soon I’m sure”
Simple enough situation. Ty Park, did you produce albino tegus by July 31, 2016 as committed for the raffle? No? Then you owe the OP $3000. That was the contract. The prize and alternative were stated in black and white, and the deadline was stated in black and white.

First post on first page tells all.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:17 PM   #1503
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegusaurus View Post
Simple enough situation. Ty Park, did you produce albino tegus by July 31, 2016 as committed for the raffle? No? Then you owe the OP $3000. That was the contract. The prize and alternative were stated in black and white, and the deadline was stated in black and white.

First post on first page tells all.

His only comment was #77

Old 04-30-2017, 12:15 AM   #1504
Sugarhedgie
He hasn't 6 left and oh look he is auctioning one off at his iguana fest on may 20th
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2017, 08:23 PM   #1505
DLenaRuth999s
Anyone see the email from USARK concerning the MA proposed ban on educational Herp presentations? It included an ad for Ty Parks' Iguana Fest fund raiser on May 20. It would be nice if he could clean up his mess from this one before embarking on another one.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:13 PM   #1506
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLenaRuth999s View Post
Anyone see the email from USARK concerning the MA proposed ban on educational Herp presentations? It included an ad for Ty Parks' Iguana Fest fund raiser on May 20. It would be nice if he could clean up his mess from this one before embarking on another one.

I sent USARK a message informing them of the situation and a link to here and their response was

"Thanks for your message. Have a good day."

Old 04-30-2017, 09:18 PM   #1507
tegusaurus
I cannot figure out how to do a poll, so here we go.

The following text is from Ty Park.

"​​
8/16, 5:01pm

Ty Park
I don't. I only hatched purple ones and I sell those for $5000. I'm pick them up from an another breeder and paying for them so you can have one. I'll pick them up this weekend. .

"

​​
"8/16, 5:27pm

Ty Park
You are not getting money. I will get an albino tegu like I promised. It's the same quality.

"

"I typically sell my T- albino blue Tegu's for $2500 and T+/purple albino blue tegus for $5000."

"At this point, I decided to tell Michelle and others that, although I produced albino tegus, they were all expensive type and that I would buy 3 normal T- tegus from a friend to send to them."

The following text is from Michelle Cutler.

"8/16, 5:08pm

Michelle Cutler
I thought it was one that you were to produce? And if you didn't produce them you said. You would pay the winners the
​​$3000
Ive heard so many good things about you and I don't know how o gel about you getting it from another breeder"
​​
​​"Did you not produce any like you thought you were going to??
​​Instead of you buying one from another breeder could you just pay me instead?

"

"8/16, 5:26pm

Michelle Cutler
who is the breeder? id rather take the money and wait till you produce one maybe next year, and maybe get one then.

"

This situation was summed up by Ty Park as this.

"I decided also that I would send her the tegu that I produced (T+ albino) since her contention was that she wanted one that I produced and not by someone else, but I didn't communicate that with her to the end because I wanted to see what kind of person she was and she was greedy to the end."

Greedy? Which one of the two sounds greedy to you?

And while I am reading over the post made by Ty Park, this quote caught my attention.

"Soon I received a registered letter informing me of a lawsuit filed by her in MA."

Soon? The prize was supposed to be delivered by July 31. The lawsuit papers were filed in early October after all efforts to get this resolved otherwise obviously failed. And at the invitation of Ty Park for Michelle Cutler to sue him. So that invitation was a challenge that this was the only way this was going to get resolved.

Sorry if I am coming late to the party. Still not finished reading everything. And looking at Facebook too to see that side of the story.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:28 AM   #1508
JimM
In this upcoming auction I hope there is a clause in there that clearly states to the participants ...

" Winning the auction does not mean you will get the animal you bid for. We reserve the right to hold back the auctioned animal from the winner of the auction for whatever reason we feel necessary . "

Old 05-01-2017, 09:35 AM   #1509
RCampbell
I have read this whole thread now...
Damn, fiasco to say the least. I hope that the situation is resolved for all parties.
Couple of things in this last page that made me question things...so the raffle wasn't legal, so now they will be "auctioning" one off...FL has pretty clear guidelines for auctions as well, http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/.../0468.388.html

Perhaps Sugarhedgie, you might wish to contact your FL people and question the legalities of the auction process?

Old 05-01-2017, 10:11 AM   #1510
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCampbell View Post
I have read this whole thread now...
Damn, fiasco to say the least. I hope that the situation is resolved for all parties.
Couple of things in this last page that made me question things...so the raffle wasn't legal, so now they will be "auctioning" one off...FL has pretty clear guidelines for auctions as well, http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/.../0468.388.html

Perhaps Sugarhedgie, you might wish to contact your FL people and question the legalities of the auction process?
Sugarhedgie's issue was a raffle, not an auction, and there are now state laws in many states that require that advertised prizes be awarded. There is much case law from the past, showing smarmy no account rafflers who would scoop up the raffle money and then try to pawn off a less valuable prize.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu