Wilfredo Nazario (Inquiry) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-19-2005, 06:55 PM   #1
Brandon Osborne
Wilfredo Nazario (Inquiry)

Has anyone dealt with a Freddie Nazario email ufc9@hotmail.com?

I shipped out an adult pair of proven leucy Tx. rats on 9/12/05. Over a month went by and I had not heard from him until 10/15/05 when he emailed me asking about what he should breed the female to. In the email he says the snakes are "doing well". Not once did he mention either snake being a problem feeder or unhealthy. The female has never had the typical bread loaf body shape of most ratsnakes, but has always been more triangular, which was a concern of his. I let him know this snakes has looked like this since the day I recieved them.

I replied answering all the questions he had asked me including my opinion on what he should breed her too. That same day 10/15/05, he emailed me with a few more questions and again, never mentions any problems with either snake.

On 10/17/05 he emails me saying the female was slower than usual and alive but barely wanting to move. He then went on to say the snake was dead when he came home later that day, saying he paid good money for her and would leave the ball in my court to see what we would do about it. Yes the snakes were priced a little higher than normal, but this is because they were very large and were worth that much to me. If they didn't sell, I would have kept them.

I have all emails corresponding since the very first contact. I do not feel responsible or obligated to offer any refund or replacement, but did offer him a 50% discount on any other snakes I have. Quite honestly, I don't feel like I even owe that much. 35 days had gone by since he had the snakes in his possession without any complaints until this.

What should I do in this situation. I sincerely thank those that have responded and emailed me in the last couple of days. I have an honest reputation and I don't want my named tarnished for something that was completely out of my control.

Thanks for reading.

Brandon Osborne

Old 10-19-2005, 07:27 PM   #2
Jim O
You "owe" him nothing unless there was an explicit health warranty that lasted that long. The snake was fine for a month. Your offer of a discount on a future purchase was more than enough.

As for the price, if it was too high it was the buyer's choice to walk away so that is of no concern.

Go ahead and post all of the e-mails. That will prevent a lot questions should he decide to post here.

Old 10-19-2005, 08:23 PM   #3
chondrogal
I believe you have gone the extra step to try to help out this buyer. Unless he presented you with a complete necropsy report on the dead girl showing a pre-existing condition you've acted more than reputably in this transaction.

It's too bad about the snake though, I know it's a hard loss to take no matter who had her!!

Best of luck with this situation, I hope it resolves nicely. It wouldn't stop me from purchasing from you again!!

Old 10-19-2005, 09:31 PM   #4
Bartley Reptiles
About Brandon

Not that my opinion is needed or relevant, but I thought I should throw out a few words on Brandon's behalf just incase the other party in this transaction delivers on his threats of bashing Brandon's name. I have dealt with Brandon for a while now and have viewed his animals on several occasions. Actually, I see them on a weekly basis being that I get my live feeders from him. I have purchased snakes from him as well and they are doing great! I also personally saw the leucys shortly before he sold them. Even thought of getting them myself (decided on possible het pieds instead). They both looked healthy, alert, and active. As do all of Brandon's collection. Never would I hesitate to purchase from Brandon and I believe that in no way would he sell an unhealthy animal. Now given, shipping can stress an animal, but that is something that is noticed immediately. When it feeds and is perfectly healthy for a month.... I say Brandon held up to his end of the transaction. The 50% offer that Brandon has made is more than enough to uphold his name for this unfortunate turn of events. It sucks that Freddie has lost this snake, but sometimes bad things happen and we don't always have someone to point the finger at. But man do we try.

Clint Bartley

Old 10-19-2005, 11:09 PM   #5
Brandon Osborne
Initially I did not want to post his name until the matter was taken care of, but TOS says otherwise. I will post the emails tomorrow when I get home from work. Thanks again to everyone that has responded.

Brandon Osborne

Old 10-19-2005, 11:37 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
Brandon,

Maybe this information will be in the e-mail exchange, but how long have you had those snakes in your posession?

Regards

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!