Inquiry on reptilleguru.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
split29
Inquiry on reptilleguru.com

any one know any thing about this site

Old 07-10-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
split29
bump////////

Old 07-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
Dennis Hultman
The online division of prehistoric pets.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
MikeCurtin
I purchased 1.1 BHP's from Prehistoric Pets online last year and the transaction was flawless. Animals are great, price was fair, communication was great...if reptileguru.com is the same people, I wouldn't be concerned.
Mike

Old 07-10-2008, 09:50 PM   #5
John E Dove
They are Prehistoric Pets and are very honest people to deal with.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:39 AM   #6
krusty
While I've not dealt with them personally, I've heard nothing but good things about the business they run. Several of my friends have purchased CBB monitor lizard from them.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #7
compoundB
Ive purchased a crested gecko from Prehistoric Pets.
I made an offer including shipping online (reptileguru), for $225, but realized the store was close enough for me to drive. (2 hrs)
When i arrived, i was told the owner had just left and I had to deal with the employees.
I explained to them that i had spoken to the owner via email and arrived at a price including shipping. They said the price was on the tank. I asked them to speak with the owner.
Several calls were made back and forth between the store and the owner about the price. I assumed since they didn't have to ship the gecko, i wouldn't be charged the cost of shipping.
I overheard one employee mention something about "more money" and i couldn't help but feel like i was being "milked." I asked several times very nicely to speak with the owner myself.
They told me that the owner doesn't talk to customers on the phone, and that the price I was quoted (with shipping, $225) was final.
After much disappointment i reluctantly gave in and paid $225, even though they did not ship anything. After all i drove all the way down there.
Then they tried to stick her in a paper bag.
i had to buy a KK.

In the owners defense, he admitted there was miscommunication, apologized and was very kind and professional.

I believe it was the actions of the employee that turned my experience sour. I wish i got his name.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:13 PM   #8
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by compoundB
In the owners defense, he admitted there was miscommunication, apologized and was very kind and professional.
Dandy! But did he refund the shipping costs?

Best

Old 07-11-2008, 06:26 PM   #9
compoundB
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Dandy! But did he refund the shipping costs?

Best

Nope.
It was a gift for my GF, and I had to eat the extra cost.
I didn't mind at the time since shes such a stellar lady.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:31 PM   #10
The BoidSmith
That was a very poor business decision on his part.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!