Inquiry Tim Koppenhofer, where is my money? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:10 PM   #21
Maldesto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post
Wrong. If Tim's neglect to honor his obligation to Bob Martin then it becomes my business.
Actually no it isn't your business whatsoever. Bob said he was paying you the money therefore he should pay you, TIM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU AT ALL YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO MAKE THIS THREAD AS HE DOESN'T OWE YOU ANY MONEY AND NEVER HAS. He ripped off bob, which is not you, so stop making threads about tim if he don't owe you anything. BOB OWES U 1700 DOLLARS WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO DEFEND HIM. So much for him being an honest police officer if he scammed 1700 dollars from someone and blammed someone else. Sounds like he missed half of what he should of learned.

Example: I sell a car to someone through craigslist, they pay me a total of 10,000 for the car. I get 5,000 upfront. They agree to pay me 5,000 in a month. A month comes and goes, i call, well they sold the car for 5,000 and its not their responsiblity anymore contact so and so. No thats not how it works, you can't pawn your debts on someone else, by selling them the animals, you didn't fully own. That is not right, and someone needs to set this police officer straight if he thinks he can go around selling stuff that isn't fully paid for. Mod Close this thread as he in no way has a deal with tim and shouldn't make a post that he has never even made a trade with the person.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #22
Griz
You leave fauna for a few years and the newbies think that you don't understand how the BOI works. Take a look at my post history before lecturing me on the logic of my postings. I am no stranger to the BOI and I have full faith in the process of this board and how it fleshes out the real bad guy.

I've already received phone calls from people due to this thread so I'm am very confident in how I am proceeding. This will all pan out and THAT I'm confident of.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #23
JudyC
Whether you agree with Bob's choice of thread topics and the focus of his inquiry or not...expressing that opinion adds nothing to the progress of the outcome of the thread. The story will play itself out now regardless of what anyone thinks of the thread title. Whether it plays out in Bob's best interest is Bob's problem and not yours. He made his choice and what's done is done. So let it play out, for goodness' sake.

Ask relevant questions...point out pertinent details or discrepancies...but don't bother with useless "Coulda-Woulda-Shoulda" games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldesto View Post
Mod Close this thread as he in no way has a deal with tim and shouldn't make a post that he has never even made a trade with the person.
And telling the mods how to do their jobs is never a smart tactic to take.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:00 PM   #24
The BoidSmith
Bob,

Bob Martin's had your snakes but they were not paid in full so technically, they were still yours. He sold "your" snakes to a third party, nut it is still BM that owes you money. It's understandable that you may want to put some pressure on the person that bought the snakes but still, it seems that BM should take care of the debt with you regardless of Tim's dealings with him. But the poster who said what's done is done is right.

Best

Old 09-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #25
Griz
He didn't "sell" the animals. He asked Tim to take them on consignment. Tim sold them then supposedly did not then pay Bob.

Bob

Old 09-18-2010, 11:11 PM   #26
garweft
I would have to agree with some of the others here that your agreement was with Bob Martin, and he is the one that owes you. If Bob Martin feels he is being given the runaround and wants to post a thread about his dealings with Tim in regard to the situation then that is on him.

Seems to me that Bob Martin made the decision to sell them thru Tim without consulting you on it. In my mind that means he is taking responsibility for what ever occurs doing that.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:12 PM   #27
robertmcphee
Bob,
You are barking up the wrong tree!
If you gave your animals to Bob Martin, then you are owed by Bob Martin. Tim is none of your concern, it is really distasteful to post your hearsay information that the "Police" officer Bob Martin has passed on to you to cover his own butt!!
You dealings are strictly with Bob Martin, he is responsible to pay you. I am not sure where your logic is in dragging Tim into this mess.
Anyone who knows Tim (Special K Reptiles) or has done any kind of business with him knows his reputation for being a stand up guy in the industry.

My Question to you is:
What if Tim Koppenhoffer also gave the animals away on consignment to another party or several parties...does this mean that he can also pass the debt owed to you to them unknowingly in an attempt to cover his butt? If not why does Bob Martin get this pass?

This would be the same thing as what Bob Martin is doing. By your own definition of how this works, this debt could potentially be passed on to countless people, what if Tim has not been paid in full for the animals and they were sold to several different people, does this mean you will be posting a thread against all those individuals that owe Tim on his and your behalf....I think this proves my point that this "Logic" you have is skewed to say the least, and unprofessional especially given the fact that the email appears to be wrong thus proving that Tim never received the emails to begin with....

Good luck with recovering your $1,700 from Bob Martin as he is who owes you.

Bob McPhee

Old 09-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #28
Griz
Yawn.... Go back and reread my posts Robert. The debt ultimately belongs to Bob Martin. I've said that countless times. However, if Tim took the animals, sold the animals, then failed to pay Bob Martin, then I believe that is pertinent to this situation. All Tim has to do is come tell his side of the story.

Also, again with the reading comprehension, only Bobs first email was misspelled, his second one was received. My emails were not misspelled and Tim never responded to them. Not exactly a good sign but not an admission of guilt. So, Tim can come explain his side and we go from there.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:34 PM   #29
Maldesto
it doesn't matter if tim stole the animals, BOB STILL OWES YOU THE MONEY IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ANIMALS why are you acting like bob is innocent, tim doesn't have 2 reply to you, andi wouldn't either, as your not apart of anything he doesn't know you, nor never should respond to your thread. i wouldn't.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:36 PM   #30
Maldesto
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
And telling the mods how to do their jobs is never a smart tactic to take.
Said mods should close this, not close this now. Also they should close it if they read the thread then they would know that tim is not apart of any of this. If bob wants to make a boi then he can, but the OP has no business in tim and bob, the op has a part in bob and the op. the thread should be bob hasn't paid yet. Bob owes u money, no one else, tim has nothing to do with you. AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!