Getting my new E. Hermenn's tortoise - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:04 PM   #21
Snake-Queen
It was not a threat, it was a statement. You may want to look up the definition of threat.

Enjoy your tortoise, it is a nice looking animal, the damage will heal over time.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:29 PM   #22
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptiledude063 View Post
Your site is nothing but a bug...you are not as important as you think you are
And what, exactly, does that make YOU in comparison?

Old 12-29-2017, 01:23 PM   #23
DLenaRuth999s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Enjoy your tortoise, it is a nice looking animal, the damage will heal over time.
I hope the tortoise is okay.

Old 12-29-2017, 02:06 PM   #24
reptiledude063
Wink online tortoise purchase

Look i'm not the villain here, i received a tortoise that arrived late in the middle of the Christmas Holidays a couple of days before Christmas. I was very concerned because it was the middle of winter and although i live in the south we still get frost and on occasion we get snow, yes SNOW! Fed ex was going to hold it till next week the following Tuesday. where? on some godforsaken warehouse alone cold and hungry. I should have listen to my instincts and ask that it be delayed for better weather, But the seller assured me that sending will be no problem. Yes i was glad that after much fighting with FedEx and the seller also investigating into this problem i got the tortoise still alive and well. but it did arrive with a slight cold. got the temp up and as of now he is okay, no more
bubbles from his nose which lasted too days in fact.
i was not upset with the tortoise i grew more upset when i asked Ray in a text if he would possibly reimburse me part of the shipping, He never answered me. I contacted FedEx and they said to contact the seller for a REFUND. WELL THEN I STARTED TO GET ANNOYED, I LOST $49 IN AN OVERNIGHT SHIPPING FOR A LIVE ANIMAL THAT ENDED WITH A 2DAY AND COULD HAVE BEEN 3 DAY WAIT TO GET HIM. WHEN I CONTACTED Ray and voiced my worries he wanted to further traumatize the poor animal by having it shipped back to him. I didn't want this! i was simply concerned with the animal, imagining myself in that situation- HORRIBLE!! so when he didn't answer my text asking for credit or refund i got angry and posted what i felt ,that was taken advantage of. then i remembered what he said over the phone, that the tortoise had minor shell deformity, i asked him if it was an accident? He said no! so this lead me to assume it was congenital. When i got it, it was clear to me that this poor animal had been attacked. Ray wanted and insisted after my post that i send it back for a refund. In 27F im not going to put my pet thru this again, with no heat packs?! Hell no!!!
So if you feel you can bash me for having enough love and care for a helpless animal versus a person who cares more about $$ then go ahead my conscious is clear. I'm sorry for my harsh words but i am human and my feeling were hurt minimized and harassed. Have a great NEW YEARS!!!

Old 12-29-2017, 02:18 PM   #25
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Look i'm not the villain here, i received a tortoise that arrived late in the middle of the Christmas Holidays a couple of days before Christmas. I was very concerned because it was the middle of winter and although i live in the south we still get frost and on occasion we get snow, yes SNOW! Fed ex was going to hold it till next week the following Tuesday. where? on some godforsaken warehouse alone cold and hungry. I should have listen to my instincts and ask that it be delayed for better weather, But the seller assured me that sending will be no problem. Yes i was glad that after much fighting with FedEx and the seller also investigating into this problem i got the tortoise still alive and well. but it did arrive with a slight cold. got the temp up and as of now he is okay, no more
i was not upset with the tortoise i grew more upset when i asked Ray in a text if he would possibly reimburse me part of the shipping, He never answered me. I contacted FedEx and they said to contact the seller for a REFUND. WELL THEN I STARTED TO GET ANNOYED, I LOST $49 IN AN OVERNIGHT SHIPPING FOR A LIVE ANIMAL THAT ENDED WITH A 2DAY AND COULD HAVE BEEN 3 DAY WAIT TO GET HIM. WHEN I CONTACTED Ray and voiced my worries he wanted to further traumatize the poor animal by having it shipped back to him. I didn't want this! i was simply concerned with the animal, imagining myself in that situation- HORRIBLE!! so when he didn't answer my text asking for credit or refund i got angry and posted what i felt ,that was taken advantage of. then i remembered what he said over the phone, that the tortoise had minor shell deformity, i asked him if it was an accident? He said no! so this lead me to assume it was congenital. When i got it, it was clear to me that this poor animal had been attacked. Ray wanted and insisted after my post that i send it back for a refund. In 27F im not going to put my pet thru this again, with no heat packs?! Hell no!!!
So if you feel you can bash me for having enough love and care for a helpless animal versus a person who cares more about $$ then go ahead my conscious is clear. I'm sorry for my harsh words but i am human and my feeling were hurt minimized and harassed. Have a great NEW YEARS!!!
You did not prove any of this.

This is not the place to discuss it either.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:28 PM   #26
Lucille
Quote:
i was simply concerned with the animal, imagining myself in that situation- HORRIBLE!! so when he didn't answer my text asking for credit or refund i got angry
So you are saying that the soothing feel of money would have eased your concerns about what happened, and when there was no money forthcoming you got angry.

Quote:
it did arrive with a slight cold. got the temp up and as of now he is okay, no more
I'm thinking you probably don't have pictures of any bubbles. You never mentioned bubbles until now. I think you are falling all over yourself trying to backpedal and make yourself look reasonable after the tantrums you had.

Old 12-29-2017, 04:32 PM   #27
hupababy_83
Quote:
Your site is nothing but a bug...you are not as important as you think you are

Actually this site is very important. Newbies and born again newbies (such as myself) and even arrogant rectal orifices (not going to mention names) and big time breeders use this site. ESPECIALLY the BOI!! People who think like you get black listed, and your breeding business (if you have one) starts to dwindle, and then you have squat. Other sites like BALLPYTHONS, KINGSNAKE, PANGEA, ETC, all reference this site! You're hanging yourself with a real tight noose when you talk like this. I always recommend this site to all newbies, because this is where I learned about PROPER animal care, and who not to buy or sell too! This is site is what some people would call the bible or holy grail of the reptile industry. Do yourself a favor and just apologize!

Old 12-29-2017, 04:40 PM   #28
DLenaRuth999s
I’ve used it this site for every transaction I’ve ever made (except my first two— one was great, second I was pooched, which is when I was first directed to this forum)... animals, caging, supplies. I have dodged some serious bullets. I recommend this site to EVERYONE.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!