Reintroduction! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:39 PM   #1
NTReptiles
Reintroduction!

Hey everyone!

I've been on this site since 2014 (lurking for even longer) but I took a break since I had to sell my whole collection because of a deployment in 2016. I live in Gainesville, FL, and my "collection" at the moment is a wife, my 5 year old son, 1 year old daughter and a crazy 8 week old great dane puppy Trying to figure out if I'm staying in the US after the summer or moving to the UK before building my collection again. I love to chat so if anyone needs anything, hit me up!

Old 02-06-2018, 09:42 PM   #2
Helenthereef
Welcome back!

Old 02-06-2018, 09:55 PM   #3
NTReptiles
Thanks, Helen! Your pic always makes me uneasy lol.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:57 PM   #4
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTReptiles View Post
Thanks, Helen! Your pic always makes me uneasy lol.
That's the purpose!

Old 02-06-2018, 10:17 PM   #5
Dyscophus antongilii
Welcome back. I think your "current collection" is just fine. On a serious note, hopefully, you do not mind me asking, but, what was in your previous collection?

Old 02-06-2018, 10:28 PM   #6
NTReptiles
Hey Matt,

My collection was mainly inverts but I had a few BPs, kingsnakes and leopard geckos. Mainly had scorpions and tarantulas though.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:37 PM   #7
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
My collection was mainly inverts
Ahh, most of those species give me the creeps. Yes, I am a typical American !

Quote:
but I had a few BPs,
What color(s) mutations did you have?

Quote:
kingsnakes
My favorite species of Kingsnake is: Lampropeltis alterna. What species did you have?

Quote:
and leopard geckos.
Any specific color/coulor mutation? Or, any specific pure species?

Quote:
Mainly had scorpions and tarantulas though.
Yep, all those species give me the creeps.

Also, I would like to thank you for protecting America. I hope you get everything you want, when you start your new collection.

Old 02-07-2018, 08:05 AM   #8
NTReptiles
Haha yeah its usually not as popular as other things to show off inverts.

With the BPs, i had just some of the more common morphs. Bumblebee, spider, and I acquired a gravid WC female so I ended up with a few normals.
I had a couple of L. getula brooksi. I love kingsnakes! Its crazy compared to BPs how active they are and their feeding response.

Thank you, Matt. It was honestly one of the best times of my life. We were in Iraq for a while and I loved the experience of meeting new people and learning about more cultures. Will be my only one though, I missed my daughters first 6 months and I don't want to miss any more of their lives

Old 02-08-2018, 06:32 PM   #9
BlueCrowned
Welcome back and I hope you can start your collection over soon! I really love colubrids, they are a lot of fun and full of personality. I'd like a BP someday but I can't see myself with tons of morphs like some people, I'd rather have a bunch of king and corn snakes if I go that route.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:50 PM   #10
NTReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrowned View Post
Welcome back and I hope you can start your collection over soon! I really love colubrids, they are a lot of fun and full of personality. I'd like a BP someday but I can't see myself with tons of morphs like some people, I'd rather have a bunch of king and corn snakes if I go that route.
Thanks, Toby! I have always loved any kingsnake I've kept. They were awesome eaters and I enjoyed being able to watch them move more than BPs lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!