Rhino igs: Cyclura cornuta - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #11
stolenheron
Quote:
Originally Posted by soler1 View Post
If my Zando turns out to be a boy, she's got a date! Your bio says Alabama, but from your other posts, sounds like you live in Florida
I'm a herpetology/zoology undergrad at Auburn University, but my home is Fort Myers, FL. So I go back and forth every few months. I'll be back in fort myers for about 4 weeks in mid december to early jan for example.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #12
stolenheron
So my rhino iguana and my spinytail iguana are held in a large enclosure with a divider in the middle. they never see each other, have completely separate habitats, etc. However, the top of it is mesh and sometimes the crickets from my ctenosaur sneak into the rhino iguana side of the enclosure. The Rhino ig has never shown any interest in them, it is a herbivore after all..... until today. I powdered my ctenosaur's crickets with some calcium powder for her supplement, so the crickets were all white.... 1 happened to jump into the rhino iguana side and BAM she went after it like a rocket. I dropped 5 or 6 more in there and HOLY CRAP she tore them up.

guess she wanted a little more protein? anyone else have this experience with a Rhino? I know many lizards will experiment with opportunistic feeds when they see it, but I've never seen this happen before with my own rhino.

it is pounding down mustang/kale greens, cactus, berries, bananas, fruits, apples, etc etc constantly. she has a very diverse diet. with a steady supply of greens as the main course (they are still her favorite, she eats her "treats" second generally)

Old 01-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #13
AmberNichole
I have a probe sexed Rhino male and i am in Cape Coral/Fort Myers if yours ends up being a female

Old 01-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #14
stolenheron
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberNichole View Post
I have a probe sexed Rhino male and i am in Cape Coral/Fort Myers if yours ends up being a female

he's so wittle and cute! he is gonna be a monster though!

Old 01-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #15
AmberNichole
Yeah I know I used to run a small green iguana rescue in Alaska about 10 years ago. I have always wanted a rhinoceros iguana and now that i am in southern Florida i figured it was time lol I also have 3 snakes, a rescued 3 legged skink, 8 panther chameleons and many wild caught veiled chameleons.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!