Ackie Male or Female Help Please - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-15-2011, 02:03 AM   #1
CivicDemon
Ackie Male or Female Help Please

So i was just wondering if anyone can tell if my Ackie is a male or female, i looked under it and i could not see and spurs or anything like that, atleast any that stand out, some people say you can tell by the way they look so if anyone can please let me know.

Pics.

and heres its enclosure ( still want to add some fake plants )

Old 10-15-2011, 02:09 AM   #2
Orlandoflor
you have it up at wrong placeput it under lizard discussion

Old 10-15-2011, 02:40 AM   #3
CivicDemon
ok sorry

Old 10-15-2011, 02:58 AM   #4
CivicDemon
OK i guess mod moved it thanks mods .

Old 10-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #5
Gatorhunter1231
Need better pics of the spurs (both sexes have them but males are larger), and tail base. It has raised nostrils that make me say male. Still appears to be young though (6-8 months)

Old 10-27-2011, 12:45 AM   #6
CivicDemon
Yeah i got a Adult Male fromsome guy and his spurs are very much out there and visible, on my young one who is about 8 months old i think ( 14 to 15 inches total lenght ) i cant see the spurs at all yet. So im not sure. I will try and get some more pics posted asap. thanks for the reply.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:38 AM   #7
Gatorhunter1231
Are the two together? I would think you would see spurs by now if male. My pair produced their first clutch at 8 months so it should be mature enough to tell. I would go over your male and pay attention his nostrils, tail base bulges, spurs, etc then go over the other one and compare.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:45 AM   #8
CivicDemon
Ok here are pics of the vents and all that stuff

these are cell phone pics so sorry if there not all that great. But thanks in advanced to who ever can help out.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:09 AM   #9
Gatorhunter1231
Your tailbase looks female and I don't see spurs in any pic. I would think even bottom
Pics would show them. The head still looks like poss male though. Put your ackies together and see how they react. A male knows another male.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:43 AM   #10
CivicDemon
Yeah i really dont see any spurs ither thats why im thinking more female but im not sure. I just Placed a order for a 1.1 pair and they should be here wensday, when i put them in there if they are all fine with eatch other that means its one male and 2 females right ??? and if one of them fights with mine then that means mines is a male right ??? But see mines is in its inclosure with another older male and they are fine toghether. So im thinking female. ( the older male was sold to me as a younger male and he is really old I think he will be passing soon so for now im just making him as comfterble as possible ) Needless to say i got screwed on him and i could not get the guy to give me my money back.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!