ROFLMAO!!! I walked into the room... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-08-2006, 02:18 AM   #1
A_Kendergirl
ROFLMAO!!! I walked into the room...

...to feed the herd, and I found Aurora...sleeping...standing up...in the water bowl!!! ROFLMAO!

This HAS to be the FUNNIEST thing I have ever seen any of my leos do. It looks like she was trying to escape, and got too tired, fell over, was supported by the corner and fell asleep!
(Sorry about the pics, had to up contrast so you can see through the tub)

Anyone else think it looks like she's starting to ovulate? I've never seen it before. Mirage is directly above her and has been acting like a wild man trying to get to her. I took her out and looked at her belly, it's not as bold as the photo, but there is a pinkish area there.

Old 01-08-2006, 02:24 AM   #2
Storm55
Shanti,

She's definitely ovulating! Good luck!

Old 01-08-2006, 02:35 AM   #3
A_Kendergirl
Saddly...this one will have to pass for two reasons. I want to move before I start to breed, and the male I want to breed her to isn't even quite 40g yet (got some growin' to do still).

Will she ovulate again later in the year? I would think she would...but I don't remember reading anything about it.

Does this mean she'll make some duds?

Old 01-08-2006, 02:20 PM   #4
Southwick Herps
I've had the same dilema earlier this year.. I came to the understanding from the help of the breeders here that if a male doesnt fertilize her ovum, she will jsut reabsorb them.. And yes, she should produce more this year, especially if placed with a male!!

Old 01-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #5
BalloonzForU
Shanti,

That is too cute. I can't believe she stayed there long enough for the pics. She must have been having a nice little dream.

Old 01-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #6
raiquee
Shes too cute! That is definatly some ovulating

Old 01-08-2006, 07:25 PM   #7
Sauradon
My adult geckos love to do that. I had one gecko that loved to sit on the side of the aquarium just like that every day for about a month.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!