Help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
Goliathjustin
Help

A month ago I purchased a 10ft supertiger retic from a supposed "reputable" dealer. It has been one problem after another. The first day I noticed mites and hissing while breathing. We treated the mites, and took the snake to the vet. The vet confirmed an RI, and prescribed Baytril. We have given him all of the shots and noticed the snakes mouth was a little weird. I'm suspecting mouth rot..any ideas on what to do...? I contacted the breeder who sold him to me, and all he would do is "give me a snake when spring comes" no refund. I'm now afraid the snake is going to die. The snake is still hissing while breathing, and the mouth is starting to get worse I believe.
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Goliathjustin
Another pic
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
I would take him right back to the vet.
good luck, hope he recovers.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
Goliathjustin
Update on him: he had mouth rot and the vet prescribed an oral medicine (havn't brought him home yet) and is flushing his mouth. Hoping for a full recovery.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
reticguy76
update ?? make sure he gets into increased heated cage. also, looks more like horrible pushing damage males can get rather than true mouth rot. I see zero evidence of mouth rot from the pics, just horrible pushing damage.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
Odium
Poor guy, I hope he recovers.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
Goliathjustin
Update: mouth rot looks to be gone, still flushing his mouth. Seems to have gotten over his RI.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!