Is this really happening? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #1
gant77
Is this really happening?

I know, it's another morph price question but how did Hypo's fall so much? I figured with them being recessive it would be a while before prices came down. It helps me tremendously but I figure it may be hurting the breeder as well. Thoughts??

Old 06-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
CornNut
Actually I've been trying to figure out why hypo's held steady for so long compared to other morphs. They are really one of the older morphs. I think it has to do with not being over hyped to start with. High prices cause increased production and with the original hypo prices being less than a lot of other morphs I think these guys where underappreciated to start with and not as many people working as hard to reproduce them in mass as with more expensive morphs. Then when people started seeing what nice combos they made they actually went up a little and held steady for years. I'm still kicking myself for passing up a $800 near breeder sized female in I think it was 2001 right before NERD came out with the first combos. I'm getting a late start with hets and possible hets but eventually would like to put hypo into everything I'll be working with.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
gant77
I was just surprised at how much lower the price is. I remember them for around $500.00 way back when, then they went to around $1500.00-2000.00
I hadn't counted on them reaching a price like that for a few more years, but then again I didn't expect any of these morphs, co-dom or recessive, to hit prices like they have either. In my eyes it's a buyers market. I will be purchasing my favorites this year, I plan on a Hypo, YB, Albino, Black Pastel and 1 more to be decided
Good luck with all your projects! I wish I could say I will have some combos coming but they are just going to be my "pets", so no breeding.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!