All About Autumn - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-04-2016, 08:03 PM   #11
bcr229
Oh wow, she's beautiful and obviously very well cared for. You should be proud.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:11 AM   #12
bear
that is an amazing life for a captive boa. sadly I don't think i know a single person who has owned and raised a normal boa (or any boa) for that amount of time. sorry to hear she's nearing the end but it sounds like you can say she definitely had a comfortable fulfilling life.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:23 AM   #13
Lucille
Autumn is beautiful!!! She has had a wonderful life with you, a special cherished pet.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:38 PM   #14
Snakesitter
Twenty-six to twenty-seven years is an amazing run for a snake that has been through a pet store and three owners. That's like, dead in dog years. ;-) A job well done to you, and keep on trucking Autumn!

Old 01-19-2016, 02:55 PM   #15
AbsoluteApril
Thank you very much for the nice comments.

She was going on a 75+ day fast which had me worried as she usually won't refuse for that long. At one point, she came up to the rat, right over it, along the tongs, down my arm and into my lap. I just wanted her to eat! She finally decided to take a large rat about a week ago and then took a jumbo the other day so at least she took something. It's sad to see her declining but I'm very happy with the time we've been able to share.

Old 01-19-2016, 06:33 PM   #16
Helenthereef
Sad to hear, but it's something that must come to us all in time - your's and Autumn's relationship makes an amazing story, and hopefully one that will go on a little longer yet.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:48 AM   #17
LauraB
Autumn was sooo lucky to have found you April. You were sooo lucky to have found her. It warms my heart, it breaks my heart. I love the photos

Thank you for her amazing story and your lovely journey together.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:39 PM   #18
Randall Turner
Seeing the inevitable results from old age on a long loved pet is a mixed bag. Thank you for posting the updates, I lucked into seeing this updated thread after posting to it back in 09.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:25 PM   #19
AuroraBorealis
Beautiful story, and beautiful snake!
I'm sorry to hear she's going blind, but I don't doubt you've given her the best care <3

Old 06-09-2016, 10:40 PM   #20
Snakesitter
^^Yes!!!

How is the big girl doing?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!