Rectal prolapse pacman - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
The Knobtail
Rectal prolapse pacman

Saw my frog today and he has a severe rectal prolapse. His bedding is the fine crushed coco fiber and he eats dusted crickets. Was super healthy, I just think he was trying to take an oversized crap. Tried warm water and honey but it hasn't done anything. Looks really swollen. Not sure what to do
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
radera5
Get him to a vet asap I'd assume. It looks serious. That is attached to him? For sure?

Good luck with him!

Old 04-25-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
The Knobtail
Yes I am fairly certain it is attached and is a rectal prolapse. Not sure if the vets in my area do reptiles and amphibians. I'll check.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
radera5
After looking at the picture, it certainly looks like it's insides.

I wish you all the best,

Old 04-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #5
The Knobtail
Yeah it's not gettin any better. Read on a few frog forums that perpetration H helps.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #6
~Just Curious~
Poor guy, I'm very sorry to see that. I hope that he recovers for you.

I don't know a thing about prep H for small amphibians, so I can't help you there, but I will say that Dr. Greek is probably your best bet for emergency herp care in Orange county. http://gavh.net/articles If this happened to me, I think I'd just stick with the sugar solution until I can call first thing in the morning. Definitely keep him off his coco mulch until he's better.

Wishing him a full and speedy recovery!

Old 04-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #7
hadenglock
A rectal prolapse is something only a veterinarian can resolve permanently, ive seen people try sugar water, prep h, etc..... only works temporarely. This is a medical emergency!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!