how to produce albino red eared sliders - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #1
jasonturtles954
how to produce albino red eared sliders

how to produce albino red eared slider
is it just 2 normal res or wat please tell me

Old 08-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
allesuberschildkroten
You don't need to be breeding if you have to ask. And info is readily avail on google about breeding albinos

Old 11-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
Arizona Tortoise Compound
Sorry Jason for the lack of reponse from fellow "expert Herpers" Albino is a gene some species carry. So to answer your question correctly, you can not produce Albinos from two normal adults. The adults would need to be Albino to produce albinos. Some specimens carry the gene to make Albinos but look normal. These are called "Hets" If you would like to know more about albinos I would suggest you to contact a breeder directly. There is alot of people out there that are working with albino Red Ears and a many other albino species.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
nickolasanastasiou
Dude, Jason is seriously abusive. He has no business owning a Chia Pet.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Tortoise Compound View Post
Sorry Jason for the lack of reponse from fellow "expert Herpers".
The reason Jason got such a curt response was because of his keeping practices as was found out via his youtube videos and discussion in the BOI. Although I do appreciate you giving the info, so if anyone searches this in the future, they will have a better understanding of the genetics involved, just wanted to give a reasoning behind the lack of response to this thread.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #6
Arizona Tortoise Compound
That makes a little sense. Forgive me, alot of members here that actually post often are pretty rough on others so I was thinking the same for this post. But again maybe we can teach/educate Jason so his practices can improve? Thanks for the explanation Absolute April.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #7
justatwinturbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Tortoise Compound View Post
That makes a little sense. But again maybe we can teach/educate Jason so his practices can improve?
We've tried this....many many many many times.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:52 AM   #8
allesuberschildkroten
ATC

I only responded that way because of the above posts. He has no business owning any kind of animal and many have tried to educate him but he refuses to listen to what anyone says. Had it been anyone else I would have provided the same info thank you very much.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!