Clark Tucker, Nicole Tucker, and Jackie Tucker of Clark's Geckos- BAD GUYS!!! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:09 PM   #31
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid
I think this has to be the most ridiculous thread in my time on the BOI. Get a grip! We are talking Gecko food right, not poor shipping, not dead animals, not venomoids, freakin Gecko food?

Dave
I took the first post as a tirade that she wasn't asked for her input in the ingredient change.Then when she lost her composer with them,they told her to get lost.
Then it turned into a vindictive spitefull thread on her part.
It was their product to do with what they please.She was upset with them and used the BOI as an tool to attack them.

The Clark's have stated they would refund her money ,and gone beyond by stating the would have the new product analyzed.
They have been exemplary in their handling of this thread while the thread starter has not.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:29 PM   #32
DD Reptiles
Clark and Nicole Tucker GREAT PEOPLE

I am good friends with Clark and he is a great guy . I have bought numerous animals from him and he has provided me with some KILLER geckos. He is always willing to help me when I call and is great to talk to, and believe me he knows his geckos and his nutrition. He is not at all a bad guy.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:32 PM   #33
Cat_72
Quote:
I think this has to be the most ridiculous thread in my time on the BOI. Get a grip! We are talking Gecko food right, not poor shipping, not dead animals, not venomoids, freakin Gecko food?

Dave
Although the thread seemed to get "off track" (inagine that, lol) the problem that was originally at hand was the fact that Crested Lady was refused a refund.

However, "freakin Gecko food" (or any other kind of food that we feed our animals) COULD very well be a very important topic that would be BOI worthy, if it were to be shown that the ingredient change were to cause health problems in the animals consuming it. (Disclaimer: I am NOT implying in any way, shape, or form that there is anything at all wrong with this particular food!) Poor nutrition could in the long run could very well cause death....but I guess since it wouldn't be an immediate death, it's just "freakin food" and not important? Personally, I am very picky about what my animals eat, and if I felt that their freakin food caused them health problems, I would find the topic very BOI worthy, not ridiculous at all. Again, I'm not saying this is the case with this food, but think it was silly to imply that quality of the food we feed our animals is of no importance. If someone sold you some rats that caused the death of your snakes, would it still be "just freakin food" and a ridiculous topic?

But then....that wasn't the point of the whole thread anyway......

Old 09-25-2006, 09:35 PM   #34
HerpKeeperVA
Quote:

Dave
Yep. This thread has been quite ridiculous if you ask me. From the way the original post sounded, you'd think they took out a key ingredient and replaced it with antifreeze. All it boiled down to was not changing an entire ingredient, but the FLAVOR of it. Wow.... As someone said earlier, she made a mountain out of a mole hill. Completely uncalled for, and if it were me, I'd most certainly be making a sincere apology on here.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:42 PM   #35
David Reid
It is freakin Gecko food!

And, people DO change my snake food, I order rats, I get mice, I order mice, I get rats...BIG freakin deal. I would not come on here and complain about getting a black rat when I had been getting white rats.

It was basically the same ingredient. It wreaked of someone having an agenda. LAME, and I know who the Bad guy and Good guy are.

We are talking GECKO food! Don't most of you use crickets, meal worms or baby food anyway?

Dave

Old 09-25-2006, 09:56 PM   #36
Cat_72
Crested geckos are very commonly fed nothing but a pre-made diet. Their main diet cannot consist of crickets or mealworms, and the idea behind the premade diet is to provide more complete nutrition than baby food can. They are not the same as Leopard Geckos.

Anyway, I wasn't saying that there would be reason to complain if you got a change such as a "different colored rat". If you read what I wrote, I asked that, if someone sold you some rats that caused the death of your snakes, would it still be "just freakin food" and a ridiculous topic?

Again, I am not saying that there is, in the end, anything wrong with Clarks food. I simply took exception to the fact that you seem to imply that there it is ridiculous to be concerned about the quality of food we feed our animals, or is it because it's "just" geckos?

On a side-note, if I ordered rats and got mice or vice-versa, escpecially if it happened repeatedly, I'd be looking for a new rodent supplier. This thread has been getting off-track enough, I won't clutter it anymore.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:02 PM   #37
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
This thread has been getting off-track enough, I won't clutter it anymore.

" make mental note to self "

Old 09-25-2006, 10:02 PM   #38
David Reid
Did any of her Geckos, or her customers Geckos die?

Get sick, anything, from the new food, with the such "drastically" changed ingredients? I think the title of the thread makes it seem like someone REALLY wronged her, when that is just not the case. Again, Gecko food, come on! How bad can it be? How bad can it be over time? How long do the Geckos live? Come on, a pathetic post with what must be, an alterior agenda has to be called out...LAME!

Dave

Old 09-25-2006, 10:02 PM   #39
Chameleon Company
Interesting thread !

WOW ! I've read every post, to include those that said "you got a refund, be happy", "this thread shouldn't have been here". "it was a tirade by Sarah who felt she should have been consulted" and other such !

No one seemed to question Sarah's standards on not wanting to sell a product that she was unsure of the analysis on. Its her choice to make, and she only asked for a refund before she had product. Most of us, including myself, would not have batted an eye at the new item once we had the Tucker's explanation, but to each his (or her) own. I also don't think that is why the thread is here. In Sarah's words:

Quote:
I posted a vague blanket statement about product quality and expressed my regret that I would no longer be able to carry this product. A few hours later, I received a phone call from the Tuckers which I had to hang up on, due to out of control obscenities and yelling.
Well Clark, Tucker, etc etc, is this an accurate description of how you handled it before the BOI thread? Seems at least one other poster in this thread says it is typical of how you react. Similar claims have been made in other threads. If not for this quote, I would feel that Sarah had jumped the gun. With it, so far not only unchallenged by you, but endorsed by others, I agree with her decision to come here 100%. I get the impression that if not for the BOI thread, she would have had product she did not want and no refund, as this statement also went unchallenged:

Quote:
At 9:30 pm, Jackie Tucker called my residence and stated that in their opinion, the new ingredient was comparable to the old and they would not be returning my funds.
Well done Sarah.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:10 PM   #40
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
WOW ! I've read every post, to include those that said "you got a refund, be happy", "this thread shouldn't have been here". "it was a tirade by Sarah who felt she should have been consulted" and other such !

No one seemed to question Sarah's standards on not wanting to sell a product that she was unsure of the analysis on. Its her choice to make, and she only asked for a refund before she had product. Most of us, including myself, would not have batted an eye at the new item once we had the Tucker's explanation, but to each his (or her) own. I also don't think that is why the thread is here. In Sarah's words:

Well Clark, Tucker, etc etc, is this an accurate description of how you handled it before the BOI thread? Seems at least one other poster in this thread says it is typical of how you react. Similar claims have been made in other threads. If not for this quote, I would feel that Sarah had jumped the gun. With it, so far not only unchallenged by you, but endorsed by others, I agree with her decision to come here 100%. I get the impression that if not for the BOI thread, she would have had product she did not want and no refund, as this statement also went unchallenged:

Well done Sarah.

Jim,
I believe I'm the one who used the word "Tirade "
If you please the proper quote is...
"..... a tirade that she wasn't asked for her input...."
The only reason i bring this up ,is because you used quotaion marks.

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!