Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back - Page 26 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #251
meowmeowkazoo
It's a shame, it doesn't seem that Andrew Potts is reading this thread any longer. Hopefully he returns and changes his mind about withholding the refund. I originally read through the thread after seeing one of his ads for a boa that caught my eye. I honestly thought it would end up being one of those "OP is the actual bad guy" threads, but unfortunately that is not the case. I would be terrified of buying from someone who has made shipping mistakes and then refused to provide a refund because they were too prideful. The buyer has no control over how a seller packages the animal they have purchased. I would think that Andrew will be much more careful from here out, but that won't reassure anyone who is considering a high ticket animal from him.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #252
AFMike27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baileykm View Post
Being a Marine with a Secret Clearance that allowed me to view satellite communications, GPS, and aviation communications I have never heard of not taking a picture of you CAC card. I am sure that is probably a rule somewhere do not act like it is on your friday safety brief.
Yeah man I have to agree. I know it's off topic. But, you aren't supposed to put your ID out there. Businesses aren't even allowed to photocopy it for their records. And come on. Don't flaunt a "secret" clearance. Everybody and their brother has that, I know people in jobs that don't deal with classified material at all and have secrets. Hell, you get put in for one when you enlist.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #253
hhmoore
Warning: That's enough of the off topic discussion about his ID.

(Besides, that was so 4 days ago)

Old 04-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #254
bigdogg
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
So after receiving one animal dead, due to improper packaging, and improper shipping method, you think it right they take a chance on another animal being shipped to them the same way, and arriving possibly in the same condition? Nah,I think a full refund is warranted, regardless of how immature Kevins cohorts acted. I've had animals go on a 3 day tour of the US, from hot area, to freezing Ohio warehouse, then back to the hot environment it was supposed to go to in the first place, all because of the carriers error, and the animal arrived live and healthy. Just shows what proper packaging can accomplish.

BTW, not that it matter much anymore, since I'm pretty much out of this industry. But my TOS says money back, OR animal of equal value. In the case of DOA, I do ask the animal be shipped back in the same manner which I shipped it, and at the buyers expense, before i refund. But since there is PROOF that FedEx destroyed the package, then exceptions have to be made on Mr Potts's behalf. The attempt was made to return the animal, and the shipper should not be held responsible for the carriers mistake.

Rich, I suggested not to ship the animal in a previous post. I know it was a crappy outcome. But I suggested to wait til the Tinley show in October for hand delivery of the animal. Now im not sure if Bob and Andy are vending that show or not. But being they very easily could and sure it would be worth the trip for em to get this handled.

I too have had many shipments be delayed and be perfectly fine from hot to cold and cold to hot. But whenever it is going to get below 65 degrees at anytime of the trip. I always use a heat pack. Now I wrap the heat pack and I open it right before sealing the box to make sure it takes its time activating if it is 80 outside then 40-50 that night. But that is just all expierence in shipping.

I try to work with the buyer if something was DOA. Now I think I have only had 2 animals arrive DOA in my 7 years of selling online and shipping. But even with my local one week guarantee. I always offer credit for the animal instead of a cash refund. As you do never know if someone just got sick of that animal and wants to get something else instead. Instead of selling it they kill it immediately "on accident" then want their cash back(this has happened to me and I did prove it). I don't like any type of scams so credit is always given. And so far I have made every customer happy that I possibly could have. And I don't believe anybody hates me for the way I conduct business. But as most on this thread your right. This needs to be handled and something set in stone. Whether its a new snake, refund, box of chocolates and an apology, something needs done.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #255
crotalusadamanteus
Wasn't really questioning your TOS, was just using mine as an example, that some do offer a cash refund, in case of DOA, provided it's not proved negligent on the buyers behalf. But in Andrews case, I still haven't seen any TOS from him, though it was asked for. Perhaps I missed it though.

What I'm contesting is Andrew's handling of this affair, and since he came right out from the beginning, guns blasting, stating he wasn't even going to deal with them, unless animal was shipped back, which they tried to do, then FedEx axed the shipment. That's why I suggested he just refund their money. I mean 2 heat packs? Standard over night instead of priority? That's just plain negligent on HIS behalf, not the buyers. I still say he needs to do the right thing. That's a lot of dough, and a lot of heartache for the buyer to have to deal with.

That's just my take on it.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #256
Fangthane
From post # 43:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts View Post
We offer a 6 month guarantee in writing which we stand behind and it's defies logic for me to see a dead snake to a customer, especially a first time customer. I don't see how I'm going to get ahead or come out ahead with me shipping a dead snake and then decide these guys can go fish unless I have very good reasons. Trying to pull a scam with me is reason enough.
That's the closest, albeit extremely vague, reference to a TOS that I could find. Maybe it means that if someone else writes something that pisses him off, the actual buyer has to "go fish" for six months before he fixes his own mistake.
Given all that's happened on both sides of the fence, the shipping of another animal seems the absolute least sensible way to close out this transaction.
I think it's dead wrong for the buyer to have to wait til some show in October to receive any kind of compensation. Even if it was money set aside, and not desperately needed, that's still just too long to have to wait to recover $4500. Especially when the wait isn't remotely of one's own volition.
I find myself wondering if this was Mr. Pott's first real taste of how good it can feel to be the one sticking it to the man. Wrath for long-past wrongs, perhaps? Who knows.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #257
crotalusadamanteus
Andrew has convinced himself of lots of things, up to and including me being racist because I hold everyone accountable for their own wrongdoings, regardless of ethnicity. And here, he convinces himself that he is being scammed.

I ask you Andrew, why would anybody, with even half a wit, fork out $4500 just to kill the animal, in some attempted scam on you? Where is the logic behind such an action? You need to see this as what it is...YOUR mistake for adding too much heat to the package...YOUR mistake for not making it a priority package...YOUR mistake for not attempting to deal with this in a professional manner.

My personal dislike for you aside...you dropped the ball on this one, and need to own up to your own mistakes. Make it right, and it goes away. Keep going with your farce, and it WILL effect your future transactions. It's already effect4ed one transaction, as noted above by a prospective client.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:30 AM   #258
jennilyn
I hope this does'nt start a trend-when folks read there's good money to be made shipping out dead animals...$4500? and all the evidence gone.What a drag-you need to confront this guy face to face.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:19 AM   #259
DesertRat73
It wasn't shipped out dead Jennifer. No one that read this thread would come to that conclusion.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #260
Morelia4life
So what is the outcome?? Is the OP not going to get his money back? Is this it? Is Mr. Potts just going to run into the woods and hide his face forever and hope everyone forgets about him not refunding the OP $4500??
Nobody is going to forget about this. It will not just go away. Mr. Potts needs to do the right thing before it starts affecting his business. Who knows, it might not or it might destroy it. I guess you have shown that you don't care about your business though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!