Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back - Page 37 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #361
Lucille
Make a note of all the steps you have taken to find him including the sheriff, etc.. If he cannot be found:

735 ILCS 5/2-203.1. Service by special order of court.

If service upon an individual defendant is impractical under items (1) and (2) of subsection (a) of Section 2-203, the plaintiff may move, without notice, that the court enter an order directing a comparable method of service. The motion shall be accompanied with an affidavit stating the nature and extent of the investigation made to determine the whereabouts of the defendant and the reasons why service is impractical under items (1) and (2) of subsection (a) of Section 2-203, including a specific statement showing that a diligent inquiry as to the location of the individual defendant was made and reasonable efforts to make service have been unsuccessful. The court may order service to be made in any manner consistent with due process. (Source: P.A. 87-1165.)

Old 06-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #362
Baileykm
Hey thanks. I am waiting until tomorrow to call a judge to see if I can serve him through the newspapers. A buddy of mine pointed me in that direction. If someone is hiding then if you go through a major newspaper for 4 weeks then after the 4th week the court goes through to process the motion. Thanks for that little bit of info too Lucille. Anything bit will help!

PS: I know you are reading this Andrew and I hope you are losing business due to this debacle you created.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #363
Dandelion89
So what happened? Any updates at all? I know this is an old thread but ive just read all 37 pages (!) and ....?

Old 07-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #364
aSnakeLovinBabe
I too just read all 37 pages and I only have one thing to add. I know this is late... but I may as well.

In late May I checked on my animals before going to work the closing shift for the day. I got home late that night and then went right back to work early the next morning. Upon arriving home, 24 hours after I had checked on my animals last, (I check on them at least once a day, obviously now, I am obsessive and do it every few hours) I smelled something and later discovered a failed thermostat stuck in the on position that had, in a very short period of time, resulted in the room overheating and killed 3/4 of my prized animals. This is still really hard for me to talk about, but I have to say, at some point after I checked on them last, that room started to heat up and in a very short time it got HOT. Animals that had been perfectly healthy just 24 hours prior were practically liquified upon the discovery of their deaths. In very high heat, decomposition of a snake happens amazingly fast. I may be permanently scarred from seeing my animals in that state, some that I had 10 years into, let alone having to talk about it, but I can at least say for certain it is definitely possible for a snake to get to that state of decomposition very, very quickly in high heat. I can see how that would happen with a small snake, (the body of a small snake will heat up faster) in 80 degree weather, with TWO heat packs. I don't enjoy having to come on here and talk about this, but if it helps people to realize that the snake was probably shipped out alive and well and died in transit, so be it. Snakes will tolerate cooler-than-optimal temps much better than they will hotter-than-optimal.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #365
PsycHD_Student
I just read the whole thread too... what ever happened Kevin?

Old 08-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #366
ShadowAceD
As he stated before, he's taking legal avenues. It is more than likely he has been advised to avoid this thread for now.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #367
CCConstrictors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts View Post
I stand corrected. I'm nothing more than a piece of feces and will always be. I'm scum and all I can hope to be in life is pond scum. In this case I'm not budging one centimeter. Kevin is as guilty as the others, end of discussion. Andrew

PS Like several people have said, take me to court.
Wow... you said it huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftycrane View Post
Yikes. Someone just showed their true colors. Refusing to be in the wrong and make amends for an error. Prob just made it to the top of a whole lot of people's "do not buy from list".
I hate to say it but I think you may be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts View Post
Again Kevin was part of the Black-mail from the very begining. Andrew
Good excuse to keep $4500 I guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPCONS View Post
You may want to think about hiring a sheriff to serve him. You can recoup the cost in court. Or you can hire a private investigator to get what you need if the sheriff can not come up with a valid address.
Its not easy to do, ive tried. Sheriff dept was a big waste of time and money. Some one ripped me off $950! I couldnt image $4.5k. Karma is a you know what, people get what they deserve. Sorry you have to go through it.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #368
Baileykm
All right guys, sorry for the suspense. I ended up getting someone to serve him and so that finally happened. Nothing new to really report I am trying to figure out what the next step is now. I was told its an automatic victory for me and I can go about garnishing his wages. You guys can keep up with the case with this.

https://w3.courtlink.lexisnexis.com/...C0MB0BCECFJ0MD

Old 09-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #369
Baileykm
OK, just got through and now I have to make a motion of default.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #370
ShadowAceD
Good to hear, Kevin. Glad you stuck with going after him it even with the road bumps.

Wonder if Andrew will learn a lesson.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!