Nick Mole "First Choice Reptiles" Inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2003, 07:44 PM   #1
Intense Herpetoculture
Nick Mole "First Choice Reptiles" Inquiry

I am inquirying about

Nick Mole
First Choice Reptiles
407-435-7961

He seems to be selling quite a lot of imports (they all sound and look like recent imports) as healthy BREEDING pairs, groups, and trios. Seems to good to be true. Here are some of his ads:

1.1 breeding pair of C.HOEHNELII $170 SHIPPED/PAIR

2.3 c.fuellebronii *AWESOME CHAMELEONS* ENTIRE GROUP $275 SHIPPED!

1.1 pair of C. Johnsonii AWESOME! $225 SHIPPED!

1.3 breeding group c.rudis *AWESOME INVESTMENT! Two females are gravid $200 shipped/group

beautiful adult male C.verrucosus $155 shipped!

2.4 breeding colony of asian box turtles ENTIRE GROUP IS ONLY $175 SHIPPED!

1.2 breeding group of Three striped mud turtles*easy to breed* look inside

Now I have a question, how can you claim all these animals are breeding in their current state? It doesn't seem that the person in question has breed them himself, but has purchased recent imports (many of them gravid, that will likely have birthing/laying problems). I guess you could say that if they are gravid they had to have bred at one point and time, but I doubt you can say they are currently breeding in the state he is selling them. All the statements I made above are rasing a HUGE red flag on this guy and I would like to know if anyone had any dealing with him and what where the quality of the animals he sent? He also states that all of the species are extremely easy to keep and breed in captivity although I personally have not seen this with the majority of the species he has for sale, mostly with the chameleons he is offering (example: Chamaeleo johnstonii). Just wanting to know more about this guy and the animals he offers.
Thanks
Justyn