Bad Guy Jeff Porto of Shedskin Reptiles - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:11 AM   #51
nlcoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by senusenu View Post
I have had major depression for at least 20 years, SAD, coupled with extreme, crippling anxiety and social phobia. I have fought very hard to get my issues under control, and am able to recognize when I'm just digging myself deeper into a hole. When people act out, but then use mental illness as some kind of excuse for bad behavior, it really does upset me. We have a hard enough time being taken seriously as it is without people playing to stereotypes with it.

This person may legitimately suffer mental illness, or they may be an attention seeker. If it's the first, I encourage them to seek treatment for the condition- if it's the latter, then I have no sympathy. I had to learn what gets me most flustered and worked up (worse than my baseline, anyway) and avoid those triggers. I know what it's like to spiral out, but in this case, they brought it upon themselves.

Refusing to provide evidence and calling people mean for asking for such evidence and giving mental illness as the reason why simply galls me.

I agree, control your illness don't let it control you. As a very wise and anxious person once told me, " do more, fear less." As that is said this in not a place to run willy nilly and accuse people of things with out some kind of proof. Even if it's just the smallest amount of proof available. Some proof is better then none. Just my humble opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-06-2015, 05:20 PM   #52
sapphira80
I'm sorry, but this post is a shining example of why 99% of the Facebook "reptile groups" are beyond useless--this is how most of the members act. (If there is anyone that is a member of a responsible, adult FB group, I apologize but I personally haven't seen one).

Please take this kind of garbage back to Facebook where it belongs.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:21 PM   #53
snakesareawesome
I have not followed the threads so I am not as informed as others here, but I don't think calling a young girl names is cool. I understand we have to require proof and that's just how it works no matter who you are, but I think we can at least be polite about it... especially considering we have someone going through a hard time who needs support and guidance, not name calling.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:37 PM   #54
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesareawesome View Post
I have not followed the threads so I am not as informed as others here, but I don't think calling a young girl names is cool. I understand we have to require proof and that's just how it works no matter who you are, but I think we can at least be polite about it... especially considering we have someone going through a hard time who needs support and guidance, not name calling.
Your first sentence in this post is the only accurate one.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #55
nlcoe
I did not call her any names what so ever

Old 08-06-2015, 11:16 PM   #56
Chris Kennard
Quote:
For the record, last time I checked, this is a forum dedicated to exposing scammers as well as lauding good practices. I am sure there are "support" groups and forums out there for people with real and fictitious "hard time" problems who can offer those special needs. This isn't one of those forums. If you are referring to Neko, her passive aggressive posts riddled with ulterior motives were far from polite, thus thr reciprocations. Perhaps you should read all threads involving said person. No rocket science degree needed.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:02 AM   #57
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
I have not followed the threads so I am not as informed as others here
This was all I needed to read. I suggest you look through the other 3 BOI threads she's made in the last week and get yourself up to speed. Trust me, she's not a "poor little girl" that we all decided to start picking on. She's a manipulative liar who constantly calls herself a victim to get people feel sorry for her, while her true motive is just to draw attention to herself. As soon as someone asks for proof she suddenly "can't deal with it because of [her] mental health issues".

If her attempts to become the center of attention didn't affect anyone else I really wouldn't care, but she's potentially ruining people's businesses with how she's going about it.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:04 AM   #58
nlcoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
This was all I needed to read. I suggest you look through the other 3 BOI threads she's made in the last week and get yourself up to speed. Trust me, she's not a "poor little girl" that we all decided to start picking on. She's a manipulative liar who constantly calls herself a victim to get people feel sorry for her, while her true motive is just to draw attention to herself. As soon as someone asks for proof she suddenly "can't deal with it because of [her] mental health issues".

If her attempts to become the center of attention didn't affect anyone else I really wouldn't care, but she's potentially ruining people's businesses with how she's going about it.

Agreed

Old 08-07-2015, 06:44 AM   #59
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoGeckos View Post
I'm about ready to just up an leave this website cause I'm being treated really badly.
Quote:
I have actually been welcomed here warmly
I don't know what to believe.

Rereading the OP's initial post,
Quote:
I have also received a nasty set of parasites from animals I got from him. I had to downsize or euthanize nearly half of my leopard gecko collection because of the disease his animals gave mine. It could have been prevented if I followed better quarantine procedures
This allegation brings many questions. No mention of a trip to the vet, just 'euthanizing' and 'downsizing'. What exactly is 'downsizing' allegedly parasite infected critters, specifically in the OP's words, different from euthanizing? It sounds as if they may have been sold? Were possible innocent buyers notified of the allegations?

Old 08-07-2015, 09:57 AM   #60
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

This allegation brings many questions. No mention of a trip to the vet, just 'euthanizing' and 'downsizing'. What exactly is 'downsizing' allegedly parasite infected critters, specifically in the OP's words, different from euthanizing? It sounds as if they may have been sold? Were possible innocent buyers notified of the allegations?
I'm not sure if it was in this thread or one of the many others that Darien engaged in, but I doubt that any evidence of any sort will provided by her to direct things one way or another. She has shown herself to be a liar and manipulator, and anything she says in response to questioning (as far as I'm concerned) is completely irrelevant to any claims previously made. She is an attention-seeker and a fraud, and no one should give her the satisfaction of the attention that she has so desperately been seeking. She simply needs to grow up .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!