Paul Vans, credit card fraud - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:01 AM   #1
MyHerpHobby
Exclamation Paul Vans, credit card fraud

I have had some one by the name of Paul Vans contact me via e-mail about sending reptile supplies to Australia. I went through lots of e-mails back and forth with him. He wanted to purchase a large amount of supplies. He stated that he had to pay with a credit card. Shipping charges were upwards in the $400usd amount. The catch was he wanted me to give the shipping money plus extra, which I would charge on a credit card, to another person who would ship the products for him. This is a classic example of credit card fraud. Please be careful if this person contacts you or if you are ever approached with a situation like this. Mr. Vans stated that western union will not forward the shipping cost to his contact in the states which ships products to him.
I advised Mr. Vans I could not do this and that my company is constantly watched. I advised him that my full time job is a law enforcement officer and I have to provide my employer my personal business logs and such. This is the truth and once I told him that I no longer received e-mails from him. The original time happen about 3-4 months ago. I got an e-mail from him on another e-mail asking the same thing he did before today. I do not think he knew it was me. I will copy and past the e-mail from him at the bottom.
This is just an FYI thread to watch out. All the information I have on Mr. Vans and this situation has been forwarded to computer crimes in my department. I do not check this board often so I am sorry if you write a response and I do not get back to it right away. If you have questions please contact me through my e-mail.
Matthew Tinney
Matthew@herphobbyshop.com
My Herp Hobby
-----Original Message-----
To: tinneyshobby@aol.com
Sent: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 6:12 am
Subject: MAIL ORDER!!!!
Hi,
This is Paul vans, Do you ship to Australia ? and Do you take credit card as
method of your payment also like to know how long it takes to ship down to
Australia? Kindly get back to me as soon as possible , include you website for
me to pick out my choice of order for you to quote me.
Thanks.
Paul.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:05 AM   #2
MyHerpHobby
searching

sorry I tried to find how to search threads to see if someone had already posted about Paul Vans but I could not find how to do so. If it is real easy sorry for over looking it.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
critical bill
Welcome to fauna Matthew. This is actually just a variation of the very common Nigerian scam. If you are not familiar with the nigerian scams do a yahoo or goggle search and you'll find lots of links on the subject.

Oh and also, more than likely you will not find Paul Vans name here. Nigerian scammers change their names and email address's constantly.

Here is a link to fauna's forum search:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/search.php?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!