Good Guy ShipYourReptiles.com / AllProShipping.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
WingedWolf
ShipYourReptiles.com / AllProShipping.com

This service allows you to ship reptiles (including snakes) via UPS. You purchase the service through their site, properly pack the box, print out and attach the label, and away you go--drop off at UPS, or schedule a pickup.

Easy to use, NO glitches, NO problems, UPS didn't blink at my package, and it arrived safely and on time. I have nothing but good things to say about them. A service like this has been much-needed, and it's being done RIGHT.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
knittykat
According to the UPS website and terms, they still specifically prohibit shipping of live snakes (both nonvenomous and venomous), crocodilians, and other species. They're okay with turtles and lizards. Shippers still have to have their packaging tested and get no live-arrival guarantees from UPS.

That said, I'd -love- for UPS to relax their restrictions a bit and give FedEx some competition.

Regards,
N. Nelson

Old 03-24-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
Gary O
Pro Exotics(Ship your Reptiles) have been working closely with UPS to get them to open up their service to the reptile community. They have now broen down that wall and I think this will be a great thing for UPS and the Hobby.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:29 PM   #4
BryonsBoas
I used it and I'm happy with it. I sent out a box yesterday list as a live harmless reptile with UPS. Got there before 10 am. Had a shipment come in today that used SYR and was flawless. I'll still get my account as a back up but until then , I'm not having problems nor forsee anything majorly bad.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:55 AM   #5
spawn
Is the advantage to this the fact that UPS offers cheaper rates than Fedex? I'm sorry I'm just not informed of the service at all, if anyone could divulge further.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:03 AM   #6
BryonsBoas
I was happy with the shipping amount. Didn't bother to compare between the two but I've always preferred UPS over Fed Ex. UPS don't care if its a house, a business or a cardboard box under a bridge, it'll get shipped & delivered.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:39 AM   #7
TattooLost
Used 'em yesterday... Snake arrived safe and sound today... no hitches.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #8
twh49801
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
Is the advantage to this the fact that UPS offers cheaper rates than Fedex? I'm sorry I'm just not informed of the service at all, if anyone could divulge further.

shipyourreptiles.com

Old 03-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #9
repti-racks
ship your reptiles

We used them as well, great rates for customers, easy to use all we did was drop off our shipments as we normally do and go. Great site and user friendly.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:16 PM   #10
repti-racks
Quote:
Originally Posted by knittykat View Post
According to the UPS website and terms, they still specifically prohibit shipping of live snakes (both nonvenomous and venomous), crocodilians, and other species. They're okay with turtles and lizards. Shippers still have to have their packaging tested and get no live-arrival guarantees from UPS.

That said, I'd -love- for UPS to relax their restrictions a bit and give FedEx some competition.

Regards,
N. Nelson

I have found UPS and Fedex half of their staff is not up to date on what they can and cant ship as of reptiles. Im verified with UPS before the SYR site came about and it was so simple to do. Just had a rep stop by and go over it with us and thats all it was. Nothing like Fedex to set up. We did a box test and signed off on some forms stating they were not liable for loss or D.O.A'S.
Now what we do know is if you use fedex kinkos or UPS store those are a seperate franchise they have their own terms what they accept. You just have to talk to the manager and get the ok with them.Other than that drop off at a facility and youll have no issues.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!