Bad Guy Bad experience with Shipyourreptiles.com - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:17 PM   #11
JoeRas
I had a problem with them also. I had a snake delivered to our place overnight from Matt Oakley (which is a whole other story). He never wrote that it was a reptile on the box and UPS hung it on our gate at the end of our driveway in 90deg weather instead of bringing it to the door for us to sign for it. It was packed whorabley. The snake hung out there for over 2 hours before we found out from UPS that it was delivered.
The problem I see with SYR is they let anyone ship with no prior approval. We had to be verified through Fedex and they require it to be packed a certain way. SYR asked that it be done but they don't have anyway of checking. When we told them it was Matt that shipped it and sent the pictures of how it was packed they said his account would be closed if he didn't do it right but hes still shipping. We had another guy tell us his was packed the same way from him and complained to SYR also. SYR does try and fix the problem but they need to make sure there customers can pack right.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #12
RB_BPz
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
ShipYourReptiles gets money in exchange for "approved" access to ship via UPS

I wouldnt even call it approaved. Ship Your Reptiles DOES NOT have permission to ship snakes. A friend of mind is an Overnight Express Supervisor who handles the night shift on express items at the main UPS facility hookd to the MIA airpory, and over a period of nagging and bothering him he still says all POLICIES ARE THE SAME. Snakes are still not allowed to be Shipped through UPS, however SHip You Reptiles is sneaky about how they explain you can by asking you to say it is a "harmless reptile" and to jus drop off>

This jus my advice, if UPS finds out you have shipped a live snake they will have custom fine you and take your snake. Almost happened to me about 2 yrs ago. Through a random inspeaction they discovered my live animal was a snake and flipped. Had a agriculture/customs agent call me...Luckly i was a "naive first timer" so i slipped the loop on that one...

Someone with a SHip Your Reptiles LAbel go to a UPS and say i have a ball python here, please be careful handling. They WILL DENY it....Try it. Just shedding light here...

Pablo Gomez
(Full Name Harold finally got the habit LOL)

Old 09-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #13
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
The way I understand it red label is the fastest overnite service.

They did refund but reptiles in the box for 2 days is unexceptable.

Once again, Ed, you are showing why you are the arm pit of the industry.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:59 PM   #14
lanceheads
Ed,
IF the animals arrived live, then you really have no complaint here.

I always worry about animals when I ship, and 100% of the time I ship via Delta. Even the airlines miss destinations/arrival times, BUT, if the animals arrive alive, then there is zero point about complaining, because I am assured that the animals arrived safe and alive. So count your blessings if the animals arrived alive and quit complaining if you paid "extra" for "quicker" service.
Just be glad that the animals arrived alive! (that's the WHOLE point abt shippong animals, right?)

Randal

Old 09-17-2009, 11:00 PM   #15
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
Ed,

I always worry about animals when I ship, and 100% of the time I ship via Delta. Even the airlines miss destinations/arrival times, BUT, if the animals arrive alive, then there is zero point about complaining, because I am assured that the animals arrived safe and alive. So count your blessings if the animals arrived alive and quit complaining if you paid "extra" for "quicker" service.
Just be glad that the animals arrived alive! (that's the WHOLE point abt shippong animals, right?)

Randal
*shipping

Old 09-17-2009, 11:05 PM   #16
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB_BPz View Post
This jus my advice, if UPS finds out you have shipped a live snake they will have custom fine you and take your snake.

Had a agriculture/customs agent call me...Luckly i was a "naive first timer" so i slipped the loop on that one...
To the best of my knowledge, customs should not come into play unless you are importing/exporting. Otherwise it is fish and wildlife (along with the appropriate state agencies) that oversees matters such as this.

On top of this there is an entire shipping discussion regarding the paperwork that SYR has along with proper labeling

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=ship+reptiles

That is just one, there any many discussions about SYR.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:10 PM   #17
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
Ed,

Randal
Yes and NO.

Ed certainly has a legitimate beef that the animals did not arrive when they should have. Why dd the shipper pay for overnight charges if the box was going to take 2 days anyway? The appropriate thing to do here (IMO) is to refund the shipping charges. Once SYR did that I don't understand what else should be done. If the animals arrived dead, that would be an entirely different story.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:13 PM   #18
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB_BPz View Post
I wouldnt even call it approaved. Ship Your Reptiles DOES NOT have permission to ship snakes. A friend of mind is an Overnight Express Supervisor who handles the night shift on express items at the main UPS facility hookd to the MIA airpory, and over a period of nagging and bothering him he still says all POLICIES ARE THE SAME. Snakes are still not allowed to be Shipped through UPS, however SHip You Reptiles is sneaky about how they explain you can by asking you to say it is a "harmless reptile" and to jus drop off>

This jus my advice, if UPS finds out you have shipped a live snake they will have custom fine you and take your snake. Almost happened to me about 2 yrs ago. Through a random inspeaction they discovered my live animal was a snake and flipped. Had a agriculture/customs agent call me...Luckly i was a "naive first timer" so i slipped the loop on that one...

Someone with a SHip Your Reptiles LAbel go to a UPS and say i have a ball python here, please be careful handling. They WILL DENY it....Try it. Just shedding light here...

Pablo Gomez
(Full Name Harold finally got the habit LOL)
I agree. I got this info directly off of UPS.com:

Quote:
Accepted / Prohibited Live Animals
Accepted Live Animals

This is a comprehensive list of live animals accepted for transportation. Shippers are prohibited from shipping any animal not listed here, and all other live animals will not be accepted for transportation. The following live animals are accepted for transportation unless poisonous, venomous, and/or a Threatened or Endangered Species.

* Amphibians (All): Examples: frogs, salamanders, toads
* Crustaceans (All): Examples: crabs, crawfish, lobsters, shrimp
* Fish (All)
* Insects (Limited to beneficial insects only): Examples: bees, butterflies, crickets, lady bugs
* Mollusks (All): Examples: clams, mussels, snails
* Reptiles (Limited to the following):
- Lizards: Examples: chameleons, geckos, iguanas, monitors, flying dragons
- Turtles: freshwater turtles (except: snapping turtles), land tortoises, sea turtles
* Worms (All)

Prohibited Live Animals

Live Animals that are prohibited from being shipped and are not accepted for transportation include, but are not limited to:

* Any poisonous, venomous or threatening animal
* Any Threatened or Endangered species
* Arachnids (All): Examples: mites, scorpions, spiders, ticks
* Birds (All)
* Crocodiles (All): Examples: alligators, caimans, gavials
* Mammals (All)
* Obnoxious Insects: Examples: flies, locusts, mosquitoes, roaches, termites, weevils
* Snakes (All): venomous and non-venomous
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...s/animals.html

Old 09-17-2009, 11:25 PM   #19
shrap
And you even used the "Bad Guy" prefix on this thread, Ed. They refunded your money. How are they bad guys? They did everything they could possibly do to rectify they situation and make it right. That is not the actions of a "Bad Guy". Now your actions on the other hand....

And I am sure you never had a single packaged get delayed in shipping yourself, have you Ed? And did you refund the buyer for the shipping delays?

Old 09-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #20
enviedreptiles
Sounds to me like a good guy thread on SYR. They didnt intentionally have UPS drive the package around the block for an extra day did they? No.

If you or I sold someone a bearded dragon and properly labeled/ packaged it and sent it overnight correctly its hard for me to believe a reasonable person would hold it against the seller that somewhere during transit the carrier made an error. The agreed upon T.O.S described in the sale should dictate what happens in the case of a delay or D.O.A., which you didn't even have.

Bottom Line:
SYR refunded the shipping money for the delay. Attempting to blame them for the delay in nonsensical. Its a known fact they do not personally transport the reptiles, they go through a carrier same as you or I would do when sending a package overnight to a customer. They didnt intentionally hold the package. No cause here for a bad guy thread.
-Nick Valente

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
shipyourreptiles, syr