Bad Guy Bad experience with Shipyourreptiles.com - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:38 PM   #21
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post
Yes and NO.

Ed certainly has a legitimate beef that the animals did not arrive when they should have. Why dd the shipper pay for overnight charges if the box was going to take 2 days anyway? The appropriate thing to do here (IMO) is to refund the shipping charges. Once SYR did that I don't understand what else should be done. If the animals arrived dead, that would be an entirely different story.
I disagree, as the point ISThe animals arrived ALIVE.
You saying you or Ed never had been delayed, be it, scheduled flight, taxi, traffic problems while on the way to work? etc.?
Ed would be LIVID if the animals arrived DEAD! You have any idea what ED would have posted if that happened???

Ed should write this off and be happy everybody arrived alive.

Randal Berry

Old 09-17-2009, 11:45 PM   #22
RB_BPz
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post
To the best of my knowledge, customs should not come into play unless you are importing/exporting. Otherwise it is fish and wildlife (along with the appropriate state agencies) that oversees matters such as this.

On top of this there is an entire shipping discussion regarding the paperwork that SYR has along with proper labeling

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=ship+reptiles

That is just one, there any many discussions about SYR.
Yea it was FWC and/or agriculture agent...I remember the agriculture part though....

All I know is that if UPS finds out SYR promotes snake shipping....They are in for it...

Pablo Gomez

Old 09-17-2009, 11:47 PM   #23
dumje
This thread is the perfect example of the problem with the BOI...Ed should not have posted bad guy...he should have posted a good guy thread...because they made good on the shipping refund...and his animals arrived alive...I would gladly ship with SYR based on this story...

Old 09-18-2009, 12:28 AM   #24
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
The way I understand it red label is the fastest overnite service.

They did refund but reptiles in the box for 2 days is unexceptable.

What more should they have done, Ed? This isn't meant to be antagonistic but I'm curious as to what would be acceptable for you.
I can ship on my certified FedEx account overnight to you and it could arrive in two days or could be misplaced for a few days. Would that make me a "Bad Guy"? I would be on the phone tracking it down the moment it didn't arrive. I would refund the shipping to you. If by chance the animals perished, I would refund you the total amount as the seller and I would be dealing with the shipping company. It sounds like that they handled it the same way anyone would or should.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:29 AM   #25
Captive Bred Excellence
Shipping snakes with UPS

My experience receiving snake shipments from UPS via Shipyourreptiles has been a bit scary. Two out of four shipments had no labeling at all so the UPS carrier set in on our porch directly in the sun (ironically there is only a small area that receives sun at that time), cant blame the UPS guy he had no idea what was in the box. The other two shipments arrived very hot even with ice packs. It's very HOT in Vegas and all the UPS trucks are large with no air conditioning. Only in rare instances will I now allow anyone to ship snakes to us through UPS (SHipyourreptiles or any other way). My wife and I have been shipping reptiles since 1992 and have used all the carriers at one or another. I have always thought it was a federal law to ship any live animals across state lines without labeling the box (Lacy Act), correct me if I'm wrong. We have also applied several times to UPS (not through Shipyourreptiles) to get an account set up to ship snakes, we have only been approved to ship Lizards, and I inquired to the highest level I could reach in UPS management. I just hope that "shipyourreptiles" doesn't end up enabling any yahoo out there to ship, this could end up causing additional problems and concern we as " responsible breeders and shippers" don't need. Sorry about the rant-shipping is the only means my wife and I sell out reptiles.

Tad Fitzgerald

Old 09-18-2009, 12:38 AM   #26
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
I agree. I got this info directly off of UPS.com:

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...s/animals.html
Brandi, It is a well known fact that several operations have permission to ship reptiles with UPS. Several of the bigger breeders have been shipping with UPS for years. The information posted above and linked are there for the general public.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:39 AM   #27
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Brandi, It is a well known fact that several operations have permission to ship reptiles with UPS. Several of the bigger breeders have been shipping with UPS for years.The information posted above and linked are there for the general public.
Heck, FedEx still tells people that they don't ship snakes at all.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:40 AM   #28
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Brandi, It is a well known fact that several operations have permission to ship reptiles with UPS. Several of the bigger breeders have been shipping with UPS for years.The information posted above and linked are there for the general public.
General public being those without shipping license, right? If so, then SYR shouldn't be included and should be able to ship whatever reptiles they want, or are there still restrictions placed upon those with a license as well? (Wanting to learn, not trying to be sarcastic)

Old 09-18-2009, 01:12 AM   #29
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
General public being those without shipping license, right? If so, then SYR shouldn't be included and should be able to ship whatever reptiles they want, or are there still restrictions placed upon those with a license as well? (Wanting to learn, not trying to be sarcastic)
Any company or individual for that matter can negotiate a private contract with any shipping company that will give the company/individual special priviledges that the general public wont have.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:14 AM   #30
AF Exotics
This" BAD GUY" thread has no merit .Period .The only redeeming part is the open discussion on shipping practices and mishaps that can occur .This is where I zip my lip(read....nothing nice to say) .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
shipyourreptiles, syr