Bad Guy Bad experience with Shipyourreptiles.com - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #71
ToshaMc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
The way i see it, Ed didnt do anything wrong here.

He paid for a service from SYR, did not receive it, and posted a thread here warning others. The fact that he got a refund does not change the fact that the company failed him.

To those saying it may have been UPS's fault and not SYR-
The reason many people use SYR is so that they dont have to deal with the intricacies of shipping. If SYR is going to charge to provide a service of shipping reptiles for you, they should be the ones to blame if things go wrong. If I order a package from Amazon.com and it doesnt arrive, I blame Amazon, not FedEx or whatever shipping company they use.

Thats my 14 cents.
Technically no - if this supposed transaction is even real which we have to assume without proof that it is not - SYRs customer is the shipper not Ed.

Second in your scenario - Ed should be blaming the seller not the service he uses.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:02 PM   #72
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshaMc View Post
Technically no - if this supposed transaction is even real which we have to assume without proof that it is not - SYRs customer is the shipper not Ed.

Second in your scenario - Ed should be blaming the seller not the service he uses.
Ed said he recommended to his client that he use SYR for its simplicity. Since SYR ended up giving him the problems, he posted about them.

I guess my amazon.com hypothetical wasn't a very good parallel, but my point remains the same

Old 09-19-2009, 11:08 PM   #73
ForkedTung
Quote:
Ed said he recommended to his client that he use SYR for its simplicity. Since SYR ended up giving him the problems, he posted about them.

I guess my amazon.com hypothetical wasn't a very good parallel, but my point remains the same
Mike, This is what happened:
Ed wrote,
Quote:
At the suggestion of someone else I allowed them to ship Shipyourreptiles.com
If it makes you feel better to have SYR as the [Bad Guy] fine, but as is pointed out here often, the true measure of anyone, is not how they handle things when all is well, but rather how things are handled when things go wrong, they did and SYR handled it perfectly.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #74
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
Mike, This is what happened:
Ed wrote,
If it makes you feel better to have SYR as the [Bad Guy] fine, but as is pointed out here often, the true measure of anyone, is not how they handle things when all is well, but rather how things are handled when things go wrong, they did and SYR handled it perfectly.
I'm not trying to start any fights here- simply stating my opinion on the matter. And that is that a company whose entire business is shipping reptiles, should pride themselves on shipping reptile perfectly, not in fixing mistakes perfectly. There's very little room for error in shipping live animals and luckily the bearded dragons in question arrived safely despite the problems.

Now I and nobody else here is in any position to speculate on what went on with UPS and SYR, but the only 'facts' of the matter as it was relayed to us is that somebody paid SYR to ship some beardies overnight, and it took 2 days for them to arrive at their final destination. That the money was refunded does shine some good light on the fact that SYR was willing to do what they could to fix the matter, but Ed is entitled to let others know what happened when he chose to use SYR to get something shipped to him.

I guess its his prerogative to label it as a [Bad Guy] thread, instead of perhaps an [Info] thread, when they refunded the money- perhaps in his opinion it is still unacceptable to have had a problem like that in the first place when live animals' lives are at hand.

Again, I don't know Ed or anybody else here really, just wanted to offer my thoughts on some of the matters being debated here.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:19 PM   #75
Mooing Tricycle
SYR has Zero control on how UPS gets their packages to their respective destinations. Thats the whole point.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #76
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
SYR has Zero control on how UPS gets their packages to their respective destinations. Thats the whole point.
Then I would not pay them, or recommend anybody else pay them, to ship my reptiles if they have zero control on whether my reptiles get to their destination or not.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:32 PM   #77
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Then I would not pay them, or recommend anybody else pay them, to ship my reptiles if they have zero control on whether my reptiles get to their destination or not.
Then i suggest you never ship reptiles, as you will not have 100% control over when those animal arrive to their destination!

Old 09-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #78
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
Then i suggest you never ship reptiles, as you will not have 100% control over when those animal arrive to their destination!
I know you never have 100% control over shipping, but I prefer the healthy medium of "anything other than Zero Control" as SYR was described to have.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:43 PM   #79
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
I know you never have 100% control over shipping, but I prefer the healthy medium of "anything other than Zero Control" as SYR was described to have.
Oi. Enough of that petty bullcrap.

SYR does not do the shipping personally, UPS does. They opened up another venue for people to be able to ship, much like one opening up their own fed ex account.

Why should they be the blame for another companies issues in delivering packages on time? When a delay happens with fedex, when i get a shipment from a friend, i dont blame the friend.....

Your logic, is unsound, and so is Eds.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:49 PM   #80
fearaffect
Ive never had a problem with SYR and shipping snakes......even the UPS drop off knows I ship snakes.....heck, I've even opened a few boxes to show them!! They see that it is threw SYR and they have no prob.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
shipyourreptiles, syr