Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 65 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:19 PM   #321
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Yup, it's called the Federal Lacey Act.
Their is some argument about what is specifically legally required to put on the package; but consensus says to be safe and cover your butt, include the quantity, common name and scientific name of each species in the shipment. I put an e-mail into the USFW on the 17th to get it spelled out (and written proof that's what I was told to cover myself), but I have yet to get a response.

Stephanie,

It would be really interesting to hear what they have to say on the subject.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #322
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith View Post
It would be really interesting to hear what they have to say on the subject.
When/if they respond I'll be sure to post.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:39 PM   #323
ToshaMc
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobravenom View Post
Dont worry about the business to business clause. They cannot prove you are not a business and that you are not shipping to a business. Just use Sam's Reptiles shipped to "John Doe's Reptiles Unlimited" or whatever you can come up with. If you are breeding and selling you are a legit business in my opinion.

In case one doesn't read the Fedex TOS -- you must be a legally zoned business for it to constitute a business address - in home businesses are still residential zones and therefore don't fall under their business to business conditions.

This means that you need to drop off or pick up from a Fedex location or ship to or from a business zone to be in step with your certification waiver. Not everyone follows this rule and considering most Fedex employees don't seem to know their own rules, it for the most part doesn't matter -- until the one day comes when it does.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:04 PM   #324
Southern Wolf
Thanks for the info.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:11 PM   #325
gbcop
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove View Post
You could also try shipping through Repster who also uses Fed Ex.
http://www.reptster.com/connections/...edex_terms.php

I've not used them yet but they sound good.

Well some people love them and some people hate them. I for instance LOVE THEM! Everything went without a hitch and I sent my very first snake out using their service. Really not that big of a deal IMHO. Hell they're not the ones packaging the animal, YOU ARE!

I honestly believe that if you just went online, either using your account or just using the "public" access and purchased a Priority Next Day label you could drop it off at the counter and no one would be the wiser.

I would STRONGLY recommend finding out what the latest drop of time is for your local carrier and if it's 6:30pm, have the animal there at 6:15pm. If you drop the animal off at 8am when they open, the animal is going to be sitting in the box untill 6:30pm when they have the "pickup". Just my opinon, but I feel like that will greatly reduce stress to the animal, not to mention keeping the animal out of the box for at least 10 hours.

But thumbs up for Repster! Even with my discount on my account they still beat my next day priority price by $10 bux!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver