"Texas Herp Haus" Inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
sixgunsun1177
"Texas Herp Haus" Inquiry

I'm looking for info on the "Texas Herp Haus"
When I searched the only match was for a Herp Haus operating in NY, back in 02.
His name is Stephan Sollenberger
If anyone has done business with him please share how it went.
Thanks

Old 12-27-2007, 04:29 PM   #2
duckcop
Texas Herp Haus

Hi there sixgunsun1177,

This is Michelle Sollenberger of Texas Herp Haus. I am glad to see that you are doing a little research before you buy. I will be more than happy to provide you with references if that will assist you in making your decision.

We have only recently began operating under this name because we were not really breeding much between 1996 and 2006. We moved to Texas from Arkansas in 1998 to open a sightseeing tour business and had to drastically reduce our collection due to time and money. Over the past few years we have had more time (and money, finally!) and have been gradually rebuilding our collection and started producing babies again in 2006. So you are not likely to find a lot on us but we have sold about 60 babies in the past 2 years and so far we haven't had a negative transaction. Texas Herp Haus is just the two of us and being in the tourism business, we know how important customer service and quality service is.

Also, we do not have nor have ever had any affiliation with Herp Haus of NY. I didn't even know that company existed until I just saw your post. We just thought the name had a nice German ring to it.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Michelle Sollenberger
www.herphaus.com
herphaus@comcast.net

Old 12-27-2007, 04:38 PM   #3
sixgunsun1177
Thank you Michelle,

I was actually trying to do some research before I contacted you to make a trade offer. I like to have my ducks in a row. Ironicly, I tried calling about 5 minutes before I noticed this message.

I thank you for the back ground info and am glad you are once again able to free up time and finances to "play".

I'll try to get in touch with you again soon,
Thanks again.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:13 PM   #4
sgrdolphin
Thumbs up

Hey there sixgunsun1177,
I just recently ordered three boas from Texas Herp Haus. I had found an ad of theirs on kingsnake and really liked a Pastel 100% het for albino male that I found on their web site. Stephan Sollenberger responded to my email and both he and Michelle were very easy to communicate with. I ended up ordering a trio for a great price. The shipping was a breeze, and the animals were packaged very well. They include great records of the animal’s records and genetics guarantees. All three snakes are exactly what I wanted and arrived in great condition. I have had no problems with them feeding, and they really are beautiful boas. Not only were the Sollenbergers great to work with but they really seem to care about the animal’s well being, Michelle checked in to make sure they arrived safe and sound. I would defiantly do business with them again. Hope this helps,
Cassandra

Old 01-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
wicked5446
Sixgun,

Last month I bought two boas from Texas Herp Haus and the experience could not have been any better. After trying to get a pair on some other auction sites and getting burned i looked for a reputable breeder without the outrageous prices. I shot several emails and they responded quickly answering all my questions. I ended up getting a 1.1 pair from them and it was exactly what i wanted they arrived well packed and in great health looking even better than the pictures they had sent. They sent the feeding records along with a promise of genetic make-up. They even kept in contact after the transaction to make sure they arrived safely and to make sure i was happy with them. If i am ever in need of another boa i wouldn't look anywhere else.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #6
sixgunsun1177
Wow, they must have great service and Boas. Both of you guys signed up just to brag on them. I'll have to keep them at the top of my list, thanks for signing up to share your experiences with Texas Herp Haus.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #7
wallacefamherps
Texas Herp Haus

All I can say is WONDERFUL! We dealt directly with Michelle and she was more than helpful, very informative, and nice to deal with. Could NOT have asked for a better experience. PERFECT.

Our new baby arrived today (Red Tail), and he is GORGEOUS! Could NOT be happier at ALL. Texas Herp haus will be getting return business from us VERY soon!

Old 03-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #8
lanceheads
Stephen and Michelle are good folks!
I have known Stephen since the early nineties, and he always has superb animals!
You won't be disappointed dealing with these guys!

Randal Berry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!